Fly Tying
SILKHDH

The Portable Tying station I made with Deer antler tools.

This is the portable fly tying station I made. It comes with head cemnt compartment, Tool holders, fly dryer stations, ect. Made of oak and brass. The lid has a wood burned trout spying a nymph fly hitting the water. I did it myself. I got the picture of the internet. I would give props to the photographer but I don't know the name. Sorry. The handle on the lid is deer antler with a adams fly engraved in it. The vise clamp knob is the fork of a deer antler with a elk hair caddis engraved in it. The tools are all made of deer antler. Most have a half-hitch tool on the ends. The bobbin is a griffin. I only added the deer antler. All tools have a different fly engraved into the handle. Did it with a metal scribe and a magnifying glass. I went a little overboard on this one. What the heck. The vise in the pic I made my self. See my post "Vises I Made" for details.

post-19822-0-80448600-1359844424_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-54637100-1359844452_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-98302200-1359844476_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-38522800-1359844504_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-89277900-1359844533_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-78559900-1359844558_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-33532700-1359844588_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-43952900-1359844616_thumb.jpg

I hoped you would see my stuff slayer. I knew you would like it. Thanks for the compliment.

Holy cockamolie !!!! That is gorgeous !!!! I love that shelf/drawer with all the tool cut outs. Those tools are beautiful ... the whole thing is just ... gorgeous !!!!

You're talent amazes! Your pics of your man-cave are awesome and you must have quite the work shop with all the metal and wood working you do. I'd like to see some photos of that, if you would, please.

You know, I just happen to have some antler tips, and was wondering what to do with them? Thanks for the inspiration, and that is really excellent work on all to the tools, vises, flies and desks you have posted.

This is the portable fly tying station I made. It comes with head cemnt compartment, Tool holders, fly dryer stations, ect. Made of oak and brass. The lid has a wood burned trout spying a nymph fly hitting the water. I did it myself. I got the picture of the internet. I would give props to the photographer but I don't know the name. Sorry. The handle on the lid is deer antler with a adams fly engraved in it. The vise clamp knob is the fork of a deer antler with a elk hair caddis engraved in it. The tools are all made of deer antler. Most have a half-hitch tool on the ends. The bobbin is a griffin. I only added the deer antler. All tools have a different fly engraved into the handle. Did it with a metal scribe and a magnifying glass. I went a little overboard on this one. What the heck. The vise in the pic I made my self. See my post "Vises I Made" for details.

Observation & Statement:

For some the mere artistic value of a fly is not enough!

The ability to transfer from the Mind's-eye to the extremely crafty hand's is un-surpassed.

Evidence speaks for itself.

& yet words can't descirbe smile.png

Honestly when i finally finished it, I was so sick of working on it i stuffed it away and spent the next week making my daughter a tree house. My neck was killing me from bending over a magnifying glass doing the etching on the antlers. LOL... I kid you not!!!!