Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
atxdiscgolfer

Anyone Watching this Top Hooker TV show

I watched the first 10 mins of it and ended up turning it after 10 mins. Not really my taste in fishing shows at all....I miss River Monsters already.

River monsters is one of the better ones as fishing shows go. Can't beat John Wilsons series from the 80's and 90's

Anyone see A River Somewhere? A series by a couple of New Zealanders I think, looking for wild unfished rivers. Brilliant!

Simon

I dunno if they show that one over here Simon, can't say I have heard of it, sounds interesting though.

this show is more of a reality/challenge show instead of a fishing show like River Monsters; i just watched 1 episode of it last night and it looks like 4 or 5 "fishing experts" are placed in a different body of water where they have never fished and they get to choose what type of rod and reel you can use. They were fishing for rainbows in a lake last night and 1 guy chose a fly rod, well the story gets worse since he was eliminated. As far as fishing shows my favorite is still Spanish Fly - that show made me want to try fly fishing and the quality of the show just kept getting better and better so sad he passed away.

IMO, there seem to be more fishing shows than ever, and they're getting worse and worse. The overwhelming majority of stuff that's around now makes Jimmy Houston look like William Shakespeare. I really enjoy River Monsters, but I wish Jeremy would show more fishing and forget about the staged melodrama. The travelogue aspect and fish he pursues are interesting enough without all the silly-ass "investigations." The lamprey show was a prime example. Everybody knows they're there and what they are - you've got a better shot at catching a Pacific sailfish in Lake Champlain than you do of being injured by a lamprey. Hell, I've had bluegills bite my toes, but that doesn't mean they're dangerous.

The reason that TV networks show so-called "reality" trash is that it costs next to nothing to produce, and there's always a segment of the public who'll watch absolutely anything. I think I'll take Steve's word for it and pass on Top Hooker.

Bluegill bites mans foot off. Jeremy will be there asap with his catfish outfit and some of them butchers meat hooks and use genuine fusty cheese flavour to simulate those toes.

I really liked Spanish Fly too but I think my fav was Walkers Cay. I don't follow any of the new ones and just watch once in a while.

I'm with ditz2 -- my all-time favorite was Walker's Cay Chronicles with Flip Pallot. Great writing, great photography. My two favorite episodes were trout fishing in Montana with Dave Whitlock and Carp fishing on the Susquehanna with Lefty Kreh.

IMO, there seem to be more fishing shows than ever, and they're getting worse and worse. The overwhelming majority of stuff that's around now makes Jimmy Houston look like William Shakespeare. I really enjoy River Monsters, but I wish Jeremy would show more fishing and forget about the staged melodrama. The travelogue aspect and fish he pursues are interesting enough without all the silly-ass "investigations." The lamprey show was a prime example. Everybody knows they're there and what they are - you've got a better shot at catching a Pacific sailfish in Lake Champlain than you do of being injured by a lamprey. Hell, I've had bluegills bite my toes, but that doesn't mean they're dangerous.

River Monsters isn't supposed to be a "FISHING" show really... Yes fishing is an integral part of the show but it's a means to an end. Yes we all wish it was more about the fishing and less about the drama, but there aren't enough of US to make a profitable audience. The shows are about what CAN happen out there and finding the biggest and weirdest freshwater creatures. I love the show. If you haven't read Wade's book, I highly recommend it.

The contestant that was eliminated was Dzifa - 9th ranked US fly fisherman - http://ammalasports.com/teamcaddispffl.html

"9th ranked US fly fisherman" ??? What the hell does that mean? Wait, I know what it means to me. It means exactly crap.

Anyhow, I saw the ads for the "top hooker" tv show and it looked like more garbage to me. I might take a look at the girl in the bikini, but past that I doubt I'll waste any time with it.

I just wanted to know anyone on here is watching this Top Hooker TV show there's a guy fly fishing as 1 of the contestants

Fly fishing with top hookers? One would think his priorities are out of whack. I'll pass, It sounds too expensive for me anyway.