Fly Tying
Swe-Classics

I will try without a vice :)

I have done that Jonas and what you're going to find is that your hand is going to get cramps. I don't know how those people did it all day long. it hurts after a while. A good exercise though, and worth the effort, even if just once. cool.gif

TroutBum,

Do you use a vice when tying hot glue eggs?

(I gotta try that sometime. Mine will probably look scrambled..... laugh.gif )

TrouBum summed it up well. It's fun 'cause it's kinda neat to sit on the couch watching television while whipping out nymphs in your lap but sooner or later...

EYOW!!!

That cramp will kick in!

The first fly I ever tied was with out a vice. Never again. I was only a child and I still got cramps. The fly was no good and needed to be retied. It almost made me cry but I did it and the fly turned out alright.

It is funny you would bring this subject up today. I was asked to tie a fly on a 14/0 hook, Well that is to big for any vise so I had my secratary hold the hook while I tied it today.

QUOTE (HFT @ Jan 21 2005, 07:05 PM)
It is funny you would bring this subject up today. I was asked to tie a fly on a 14/0 hook, Well that is to big for any vise so I had my secratary hold the hook while I tied it today.

Your wife really didn't believe that did she? I mean about her holdin your hook an all? whistling1.gif