Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eide

September flies from the bench

Here's the newest YouTube fly tying tutorial on the Stimulator dry fly. This venerable fly is tied by Don Ward of the http://keystoneflyrodcompany.com/, and it's obvious he's tied a bunch of them over the years. The fly is a favorite for many situations and species, and there are a few color combinations shown prior to the tying (check out the green one, which he almost tries to hide!).

TC

Like the bivisible. Love the use of a badger to achieve that twin tone. Would not consider that sat at the bench.

Harvard, is the bead eyes something you have added? I've tied this pattern after a forum member sent me some danish web links but didn't have the beads.

Harvard, is the bead eyes something you have added? I've tied this pattern after a forum member sent me some danish web links but didn't have the beads.

I tie them after this recipe: http://fluefiskern.no/fluene/vaskebjorn.html - video here:

( in norwegian, but you can make it out how it is done )

But: can be tied without beads as well

2014.09.14.dryfly.me_.dry_hackle-1024x85

Messing around with bug-bond coated body to see how they turn out. Really like the Hends 454 BL #16 hook here, haven't fished with it yet (my go-to hook has been the TMC100BL), but will be testing it out when trout season starts again!