Fly Tying
vicrider

One more thread from Santa.

Okay, I'm going to put this on a separate thread to give everyone a chance at some direction for Santa, first come first served.

You guys should also know I'm always joking about bah-humbug but truth be known I love Christmas for the giving part. Until health put me on the sidelines I used to dress in warm Santa clothes and ride my motorcycle with a full sized flag behind and at times pulling my trailer decorated and full of toys. When I lived in Minneapolis I'd dress in my reds with the scarf and hat on and ride around on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I'd get lots of "Was that you" questions when people would call into radio stations to report Santa on a bike going by, and led a few groups rides to take "Toys to Tots" to various drop off centers.

I've always said I fit the description with my big grey beard and big belly. I just say I'm Jolly, and Old, but this Nicholas ain't no saint.

So anyway, what this post is about other than I'm really enjoying it, is that there are some choices to look at. Most trout/panfish boxes have some variety of ties in there but a few are dedicated to above and below and would like to try to get these to those who use them the most. If you have a preference of dry flies for the surface or beadheads and nymphs below now's the time to say so. I'd just like to avoid sending 12 beadheads to someone who has fished dry flies everyday for last 20 years and vice versa.

Just a short post (something I'm not good at) saying I like dries or I like nymphs or I like streamers would suffice. If you are happy with a mix of flies then no need to post unless you're like me and can't avoid kicking something into the mix.

Jolly Old St. Nick

Whatever Santa sends is good ..I fish just about everything for at least a few days most years.

Thanks Santa.

I Nymph a lot more than I fish dries, but I fish bass, panfish, and Carp just as much, if not more than I get to fish for trout.

Thanks Santa. I would like some Trout flies if possible - dries since I don't fish them often-- but honestly would be happy with anything.

S'allright Chromez, after the holiday whirl there will always be a few swaps starting up. Just missed this one but it's a big different from our normal swaps so make sure you see the front page guidelines and follow each swap's specific rules. Glad to see you join in even if you missed this one.

Chromez,

Don't worry buddy there will be more to come. Since winter is getting it's grip on us so what else is their to do other than tie flies...LOL...I sure am glad I do not live up north! I think there is going to be a lot of snow up there this year.

Trout, bass, walleye, pike. I flyfish for everything... with anything... so I'll be happy with whatever Santa sends my way!

Thanks for hosting Nick.