Fly Tying
eide

March Flies from the Vice

Sculpinmaster, I'm curious about those legs. They look like a fine D rib material. What are they made of? How did you make the nice bend in them? Thanks.

Sculptin, and Mike, both of you guys have great looking flies there.... Mike what is on the wrapping before the wire?

post-54906-0-14164400-1425745804_thumb.jpg Working on my first swap, got three of these tied so far. I call it a Badger Spearing.

Since this is my first swap I 'd like some feed back if you dont mind....

Thank you for the positive comments gents.

Crackaig I don't know Oliver personally, he did a series in FF&FT a while ago now but I don't ever hear him mentioned. I'm sure I read somewhere online that he had enough material for a new book but I can't remember where I saw it.

McGnat the legs are the now discontinued tentacles from Montana fly co. They are heat kinked with a hot-tip cauteriser.

Joe.

First, I think the people who get a copy of your streamer will be grateful. Looks like a great minnow pattern.

I used a little dubbing ... very little. I got it in a grab bag ... but it got some good sparkle to it, so it's like ice dubbing, I think.

Thanks Mike And Add147, I really apreciate the comments. I just want to make sure whoever gets the flies likes them. I dont want to be the guy that everyone opens their package and go " what the hell is this thing?!"

Mike I really dig the Brassie.

Sculpinmaster

All your flies are the schizzle! Mike brassie is nice indeed!

post-3-1082736882.jpg

This is a foam damsel/ dragon fly

3 " long on a number 4 Gamakatsu

I just tied this for the swap as a top water.

post-54906-0-55518000-1425839708_thumb.jpg

Nice Dragon Fly, Joe. Have you cast that, yet? Could be another one of those leader twisting flies that are worth it because of the big fish you catch.

Trying to create a snail. I mentioned, in another thread, that the Red Eared Sunfish I clean have a lot of snails in their stomach contents. Got me to thinking of all the times I considered trying to tie a snail.

There's a really good on in the database that requires real snail shells.

Since I don't have any of those here ... I use what I had. "Rubber" sheet and chenille ... both from richmc.

Work in progress, on size 6 octopus hook:

Also decided to get rid of the remaining jig hooks from Dad's tackle box. Tied some Baby Mudbugs on size 12.

i like the bug, a lot, I dont know what kind of snails are in FLA but ours are really small, black and more round. i wonder if it might be better to make a foam shell then put the hook sideways. i'm gonna try to create one. i ll post it when its done.

I have casted mine before and it doesnt twist. i dont know why. I think its because of where my hook is and the wings. I use a bit of arlenes fabric glue on the point where the wing meets the body to really flatten the wing. it tends to land hook down not hook up like so many dragonfly flies do.

Nice Dragon Fly, Joe. Have you cast that, yet? Could be another one of those leader twisting flies that are worth it because of the big fish you catch.

Trying to create a snail. I mentioned, in another thread, that the Red Eared Sunfish I clean have a lot of snails in their stomach contents. Got me to thinking of all the times I considered trying to tie a snail.

There's a really good on in the database that requires real snail shells.

Since I don't have any of those here ... I use what I had. "Rubber" sheet and chenille ... both from richmc.

Work in progress, on size 6 octopus hook:

attachicon.gifexperimental snail.JPG

Also decided to get rid of the remaining jig hooks from Dad's tackle box. Tied some Baby Mudbugs on size 12.

attachicon.gifbaby mudbug.JPG

What sort of snails Mike .....?