Fly Tying
eide

April Flies from the Vice

where does one get seal fur dubbing.? id like to get the link for that because, those are the best dubbed bodies and I'd like to use it for shrimp and crab patterns.

I know of two suppliers that will send it to the States. Dale at Virtual Nymph and Steve Cooper at Cookshill Fly Tying

It may take a while but they have stuff that it is legal for you to import. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

C.

very Cool Lil' Dave.

eide: those are ridiculously good! what is the body material?

Mike: and I thought I was a scrounge for materials! You make me look like an elitist snob, whilst I dragged a dead turkey into my work truck. Thank You....tongue.png

Body is seals fur dubbing that I brushed out after ribbing the body.

where does one get seal fur dubbing.? id like to get the link for that because, those are the best dubbed bodies and I'd like to use it for shrimp and crab patterns.

This guy here in Norway: http://fluefiskern.no/webshop/index.html - send him a email and ask. The quality is great, and the price is good! I'm ordering again with him once I go through my current stock.

2/0 stacked popper.

bannanafly.jpg

Yeah, so I also purchased George's DVD and he has his own take on working with hair, it's funny that the whitlock, billy munn, jimmy nix , Cohen ,helms were all important in helping to develop my tying.

The guy that got me Going was Tim England, now that guy can crank out some hair flies .

Johnny, this would make Mike George proud

I too have watched al these guys tie and feel lucky to have tied with some as well!

I had the opportunity to watch Mike George this past February down at the fly tying expo in Houston. What a very nice fellow and does not mind sharing information. He spoke for about an hour for one of the presentations on what to look for when choosing your deer hair. I think I watched him for about 2 hours tying and even bought his video. In my opinion he is a true gentleman.

I would love to hopefully someday watch Pat Cohen tie his deer hair flies, maybe one day he'll be at an expo I am at.

Joe, I don't know where you are located but you may have trouble getting seal fur imported into the USA. For a US source try Feathersmc.com

DB%20AMBER%20WR%20CAD%20PUPA%202_zpsmk8a

DB AMBER WOBBLE-RITE CADDIS PUPA – Daiichi 1250, #12 – #16…

WOBBLE-RITE%20TAN%20GRP_zpsjuyiotvm.jpg

TAN WOBBLE-RITE CADDIS PUPAE…

PT/TB

Musky pattern I tied up last night. Should push a lot of water and have good movement with all the articulated shanks I used along with deer hair for profile and craft fur for movement

post-54693-0-65082600-1429276041_thumb.jpg

That's a big one, WV. Good looking RedBreast Sunfish imitation. I hope that's what you were going for.

That's a big one, WV. Good looking RedBreast Sunfish imitation. I hope that's what you were going for.

I was just putting on matching materials haha, but the coloration is good for the sunfish, just not quite the profile. Should capture the attention of something fishy though

Challenged to tie a rabbit strip diver, I thought I'd do something a little different for the head. Skulpin Wool.

post-43582-0-95037100-1429297174_thumb.jpgpost-43582-0-37836700-1429297158_thumb.jpgpost-43582-0-72537300-1429297189_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

C.

Challenged to tie a rabbit strip diver, I thought I'd do something a little different for the head. Skulpin Wool.

Diver_0002.jpg Diver_0001.jpg Diver_0003.jpg

Cheers,

C.

Once the wool and rabbit strip are saturated... That's gonna be like casting a mop!! Hope you've got some bigggg rods.... Beautiful fly though

Diver_0002.jpg Diver_0001.jpg Diver_0003.jpg

Cheers,

C.

Once the wool and rabbit strip are saturated... That's gonna be like casting a mop!! Hope you've got some bigggg rods.... Beautiful fly though