Fly Tying
troutguy

BWO - Blue Winged Olive Dry Fly

Okay so I mailed out my flies today. I had to mail a lot of boxes to multiple locations so I'm hoping all flies got sent to the correct people. wink.png

Been there done that. lol. it can get crazy.

Mine will be in the mail today. Like I said, not BWOs but I just don't have time right to do a run but I do have the Biot Green Drakes I tied a run of when I got a peacock dyed grizzly cape in. Beautiful cape and I personally think the flies came out looking good if there is anything with a green hint to the coloring. Glad to help out and sorry for the cancellation without notification. One of my most aggravating parts of running swaps.

Armyfly247 is AWOL from a couple of swaps so Vicrider was nice enough to step in. We appreciate which every fly he sends.

Ya, sorry for getting these in at the last minute. They left today and should arrive on the 15th. Thanks again for hosting this. The pattern I decided on is a variation of Renee Harrop'sHenrys Fork classic, The" Last Chance Cripple" tied with bwo colors. The Giant Canada goose cdc is really great material with so much more bulk and sparkle than duck cdc that it only requires one feather for the wing. . Hope these work up in NC they are among my favorites for BWO fishing on spring creeks in MT and ID, Thanks for hosting this. What river system are you using these flies on?

Mustad standard dry fly hook #16

Veevus olive 14/0

tail: light dun spade hackle fibers

shuck: amber zelon

abdomen:, BWO dyed goose biot

thorax: BWO superfine dubbing

wing/case: giant canada goose cdc

Hackle #18 grizzly

The flies are in. If you weren't following we had one person drop out and a last minute addition filled in.

I will not get to sort until Saturday. I'm doing an intervention and then in Asheville Friday for a training on heroin. If things go well, I may get to fish the North Mills a couple hours with Troutnabout before I head home.

I think you will all like the flies.

Ya I thought about making that joke but the subject matter is a little too serious. That junk ruins a lot of lives.

post-3361-0-38966500-1458221075_thumb.jpg

Without humor Pica where would we be? It is what I do what I do when I am not fishing, or whatever.

This treatment facility is for young people ages 18 to 30. It incorporates outdoor activities with sobriety. The actually teach patients fly fishing. The program is near the North Mills River, a decent trout fishing area.

So many families suffer from the effects of addiction to drugs or alcohol. I'm meeting with a family today about an intervention. It actually may take place Saturday afternoon or Sunday. So I have to get the flies done in the morning.

There was a post awhile back about what people really did besides flytyingforum.com and it was real interesting.