Fly Tying
troutguy

BWO - Blue Winged Olive Dry Fly

OK I dropped everyone's flies off in the box outside the post office. I missed it being open Saturday morning. Adam I have to drive over to the post office and see what it costs to return yours and then message you. I may not be able to do that until Wednesday. I may be flying to CA tomorrow for work if all goes well and will not be back until Tuesday. If things change and I do not fly, I will go tomorrow afternoon and let you know.

Thank you everyone for a great swap. The flies are very different interpretations of a BWO. I am sure you all will see the flies are all a good new addition to your fly boxes.

Vicrider sent flies that he had tied. They are great flies, but as he said, not BWO's. He was just gracious to fill are hole of a missing swapper. Vic if you do a swap, I owe you. Need a last minute if I don't join let me know.

Bob Nelson can you drive to Palm Springs? I am headed out to pick someone up this morning and then fly to Betty Ford. Had I known I would have saved yours out. LOL I have my nyphs for your swap though.......

Besides the post office beat up Pica not you this time.

Very nice set of bugs arrive today - thanks everybody especially troutguy who not only hosts a great swap but does it while holding down a job I'm not sure I'd have the fortitude to do.

Do you believe in miracles? My box of beautiful BWOs arrived yesterday! Thanks for hosting a great swap, and thanks for the critique.

By the way, I was kicked out of the jury pool yesterday in a DUI trial, wonder why......

Bob Nelson. Best critique was I caught a fish with your fly on the North Mills

The only critique that matters at the end of the day.

Some awesome flies arrived today, can't wait for the bwo's to start this weekend. WTH how did you tie that fly? The body is crazy cool, what is it made of?

Thanks guys.

got mine today. holy cow do you guys tie small. great set of bwo. thanks for the swap!

Yep, mine got picked up today and they fit nicely into a space I had left in one of the boxes I hope to get to use later this year. PJ2, the BWO is known as a smaller hatch among the mayflies. My fly would have definitely been smaller except they had been tied for this month's swap of dry flies on hooks 16 or bigger. I believe mine was on a 14 and stands out in the group. The other thing is, for me, if the wings don't exceed the hackle then why take the time to put them in there except for personal reasons and looks. Since most mayflies have large wings that stick up while they're drifting I figure my flies should also have a visible wing. If you have to look hard within the hackle to see the wing I don't think it's even seen on the water. Now, most long time fishermen say the wings on the dry fly are not even necessary but I know if I'm going to take the time and trouble to put them on, they're going to be seen.