Fly Tying
add147

Frog Swap ***Hippity Hop***

josephcsylvia, that's too bad if you had to kill the snake, but (if you did) I would have done the same thing. The important thing is, did you get your popper back? :)

yes the popper lived, can't say the same for the snake, but a little alligator did have dinner.

I took add147's frog out to an old stock tank near my house this evening. This place was pretty overgrown, and I be the last time it was fished was a years ago. But there was tons of cover, a ton of frogs, and bass busting the surface everywhere. I caught 4 about 12-14" long, but they were FAT. They just can't resist a frog fly!

IMG_9748_zpsynvyawbn.jpgIMG_9739_zpsjj4vcqge.jpg

WOW....Well how about that!!! I feel honored indeed....Guess ole Freddie did his job then. Thanks for posting the pic!!!!

I don't know Joseph, I've often thought you'd be a great person to visit and do some fishing with but when it comes to poisonous snakes that you have to kill and feed to alligators or crocs or whatever you have there I'm out. That and you'd probably try to get me to wade wet where there's stingrays and sharks in the water. NO NO NO My b-i-l taught me there are only two kinds of live snakes in OK. Rattlers and Water Moccasins. Now after a snake is dead it may well be something else but alive it's rattler or cottonmouth.

Jolly Red, what's with your hula popper body for you bug. Did you carve them from balsa? Or they precut from somewhere I could order me some? Looks very good except when there are cottonmouths attached to it.

Pics show a nice bunch of foam heads ready to do damage to local bass populations.