Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Meeshka

We'll be on the hardwater soon!

With temps hovering in the -15C and 40 km winds (wind chill -30C plus) I am expecting a great freeze! Our highs for the next couple of days are not to be above the -30C mark let alone the wind. All the snowbirds all but left - Mike I'm sure you will be a GREAT EMBASSADOR for your state and welcome them with open arms! You too Flats!

Me - give me 4 - 6 inches of quality ice and I'll be catching, the pike, walleye, and perch you guys do all year. ( Available all year long but I consider them core fish, keepers within regs, but much tastier/firmer from the cold water )

Merry Christmas,

Doug & Meesh

post-55238-0-88532300-1481035945_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-92616400-1481035968_thumb.jpg Flats! I don't think it's weird your going to the beach in december, i went there today coastal seatrout fishing -8c, almost had to take the simms wind stopper fingerless gloves off & use full neopreen Ursuit gloves! Guides were even icing up & it's saltwater not brackish & our swans are TUFF! Don't worry Meeshka & Lesg, i'm in the same gang! Some people would probably cry if they seen -30c, but don't see natures beauty of four proper seasons!

Yeah ... the snow birds (We call them "Shrivels") will be welcomed, with honks and middle fingers as they block up traffic and make left hand turns from right lanes on 6 lane roads. Except for the money they bring and spend here, they are a stain on the picture perfect paradise that is Florida.

I am getting the shivers just reading your temperature report. The closest I want to be to ice, is the cubes in my iced tea glass.

But I iterate a comment I've made many times. I am grateful for those of you who like cold weather. You don't want to move here ... which bumps you up on my "Hey,-I-like-this-person" list.

LOL Adam.

I can see nature's four season beauty just fine. Take a trip up North in the fall once every other year or so. See it, leave it and I'm happy. Got a 60" TV in the living room to view it on, too.

The color change just means the leaves are dying ... and someone will be raking dead leaves up soon.

What the heck is that first picture??? A rat's nest? The tail end of a Musk Ox? rolleyes.gif

Mike! That first picture is a 💯 % all natural natures own BUFF! All the even realer fly fisherman are wearing them!:-)) LMAO! Kudu! Yeh, we've got a lot here! If i remember right? The blue in our flag represent's all the water & the white represent's all the swans!?! Seen a dead one years ago in the same place, if i knew what i know now? I would have taken most of the feathers! Next time! One didn't look so pretty in autumn when it swooped me & i was stuck in my float tube, massive wing spaan!

With temps hovering in the -15C and 40 km winds (wind chill -30C plus) I am expecting a great freeze! Our highs for the next couple of days are not to be above the -30C mark let alone the wind. All the snowbirds all but left - Mike I'm sure you will be a GREAT EMBASSADOR for your state and welcome them with open arms! You too Flats!

Me - give me 4 - 6 inches of quality ice and I'll be catching, the pike, walleye, and perch you guys do all year. ( Available all year long but I consider them core fish, keepers within regs, but much tastier/firmer from the cold water )

Merry Christmas,

Doug & Meesh

Can't wait. We'll have ice over where I am in probably 2 weeks. I love using flies, but when it's this cold, I don't mind bundling up, dropping some 7" shiners down my holes, and watching for flags.

Is it technically crying if it is slushy what is coming out of your tear ducts?

The human body does not allow tear ducts to freeze so therefore no slushy tears although you might find ice crystals on the cheeks and a snot icicle hanging from the nose. This is normal and socially accepted in northern climates. If you have a moustache, well that's another story.lol

Les

Carpflyguy, My favorite time of year !! No bugs and not too many people. I really enjoy the changing seasons and probaby couldn't handle "nice" weather all year, but each to his own.

Les