Fly Tying
flytire

March Flies From The Vise

They're not great for holding feathers like as in a hackle pliers Mike - I agree - but they do make a great way to hold a fly for a picture?!

KIMO - ho do you get the background to be soooo black? Nice tie again... and pic.

BCT

Black velour paper and position it back far enough that no light falls on it. Thats about a foot or more behind the fly.

Then I have so much light on the fly that the background is under-exposed(really dark).

Kimo

Kimo, you being you, it must be hard to out do yourself, but you do. March flies have been top shelf work. Thanks for posting...

Carry On...

Started to try and trim out a dahlberg. I decided to just leave it as is. I'm also out of sharp razor blades.

post-59266-0-14902600-1489775978_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-11553400-1489775991_thumb.jpg

Thanks FRN but there are some really talented tiers on this forum. I definitely can't do what Eide and Creamer do to name a couple.

Emerger

17388993_1502974393047197_29588785463539

Kimo

The picture is not the best but here are some Chironomids I tied up to look just like some on one of our local lakes.

post-19438-0-67117500-1489785826_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but Kimo your photo work is always just well, CAPTIVATING, for lack of better words.

Yeah, but Kimo your photo work is always just well, CAPTIVATING, for lack of better words.

+1, hope everybody that posted on this page just keeps twisting them up. Shoe, GP, and onebadmofo have rolled out more great ties, soon we will have picures of fish that also Agree!

Midge pupa

17358853_1503400613004575_39484832171985

Kimo

It would seem such a shame to fish such flies H :)