Fly Tying
Noahguide

October flesh from the vise

Tying some trout flies. My fisrt time using zonkers. I think I like them, lets hope the trout do.

Nice work :)

Color variations on the mini streamers I did in white. Chartreuse was very productive as was the white. Reds not so much.

post-61693-0-12342100-1508419800_thumb.jpeg

Updated this pattern with thin skin and cul de canard CDC. Also has mallard flank rusty dry fly dubbing lead free wire and 20 lb mono eyes with whiteing grizzly hackle.

post-61305-0-08507100-1508425980_thumb.jpg

I like that design, Tom ... but I have always had a problem with crayfish flies.

If it's sitting on the bottom of lake/river as pictured, then it's hook down and prone to snag on something.

If it sits hook point up, appropriate for fishing on the bottom, then the back is not what the fish will see.

Which way are those you've tied supposed to sit?

@ Mikechell. Those aren't meant to be bottom dwellers. Small in size #10 lightly weighted to just be below the surface and brought in slowly. Heavy weighted larger sized yes the hook goes up right. My lake has high algae that's about 2 ft below surface and I fish them about a ft below. Rare is it I catch algae but the bass loves the slow invite with a quick pull on line 5 in retrieve let settle and repeat.