Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

Collins commercial grab bag?

The picture does not do them justice. He sent grizzly and brown, which he, quote, almost guaranteed, end quote, plus barred ginger and black. All colors that I can really use, but the barred ginger in particular is a beauty.

post-52874-0-63539800-1516828280_thumb.jpegpost-52874-0-45975300-1516828303_thumb.jpegpost-52874-0-98442700-1516828332_thumb.jpegpost-52874-0-70048600-1516828358_thumb.jpeg

I LOVE Charlie's barred ginger. That is, hands down, my favorite cape to tie from! Glad he came though for you.

Now I know where to re-stock when time comes, going to take a while since I am only down to about 25 capes from which to use.... but those are some great colors.

i sent him a check on 3-1-2018. 7 days later i have 4 great looking capes((no saddles): grizzly , lt. ginger, coachman, and barred ginger. i didn't request anything, just quite willing to take what he sent. i am very happy with the deal.

i sent him a check on 3-1-2018. 7 days later i have 4 great looking capes((no saddles): grizzly , lt. ginger, coachman, and barred ginger. i didn't request anything, just quite willing to take what he sent. i am very happy with the deal.

Doesn't he sell the grab bag with their matching saddle patch anymore?

The commercial grab bag is without saddles.

Cape orders outside the commercial grab bag include the saddle, as far as I know.

Yep mine came without saddles, for 60$ though I am not going to complain, especially since he read my note and included the color I really needed.

I just spent a couple of hours on the phone with Charlie, very nice and helpful man. I needed grizzly and brown as well as a couple of other colors. He said to order the commercial grab bag because right now pretty much every one is getting those two colors because he has them, at another time he may have other colors in large numbers and be doing them in most grab bags. He stressed that he gets to pick. Talk to him, tell him what you need color wise and if its likely to be in the commercial grab bag he will probably tell you. you won't get the saddles but you will get beautiful capes. I'm fond of the grab bags because he doesn't have any colors that I won't do something with. I ordered the other two colors he said would not be in the grab bag separately.

R.