Fly Tying
zip

Yearly trips

If you guys are going to plan a get-together in Caloosa's area, I'm in.

I've got a 14 foot jon boat with a 15 Hp Honda on the back. Comfortably seats and fishes two people.

However ... no booze, no radio and no children in my boat.

I'm in, was panning on hitting the Gades this weekend, but The Big O is just fine with me. Let me know (No pressure BTW I'm easy). I might even be persuades to put someone on my boat, they just need to be able to handle being on a small tippy glades style skiff.

wink.png to Fisherboy ... that's the motto.

I'm okay with anyone who is:

Old enough to stay out on their own (no parental supervision required).

Old enough to take care of themselves (no "external entertainment required).

Old enough to carry on a conversation if necessary ... and to keep quiet if not necessary.

I don't mind teaching someone how to fish ... if they will listen and follow recommendations. If they keep making the same mistakes over and over, we're heading back to the ramp!

Flats ... you're (probably) okay to join me in my boat. We'll have to meet up for a trip to see.

Me and my DD gonna fish Peacocks/exotics DelRay Beach April 20 then head to BigPineKey beach house and three days of BahaiHonda, 7MileBridge, etc. chasing tarpon,etc. Been doing lotta prep can't wait! My 69 BD the 21st.

BubbaGump Resurant, Ft. Lauderdale...schwimps and MaiMai....

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Penobscot River, Maine still possibility in August....

DD got me the hat.....

IMG_0024.jpg

Sweet man! When you swing by Miami consider doing some peacock bass fishing. And also hope it doesn't get cold again as that'll turn the tarpon off...

It would be cool to have a meet up someday. Swamp, I sent you a pm.

Flats, I've told you before, " I think", your welcome anytime.

We can even go stump jumping in that flats boat of yours.

You are special Denduke! That looks awesome!

I've google mapped, and street view scouted Delray peacock spots. But have yet to go. One day this spring /summer, I may just jump on the motorcycle with a fly rod in the backpack and go.

I'm kind of gearing up for a trip to the Little Red River in Arkansas. Probably do that in early May before school lets out and we get a houseful of grand kids for the summer. I'll probably get a cabin with wife for the week, do a couple of guided float trips, rent a boat for a couple of days, and maybe just sit and watch river run by the cabin for a day or two. I'm pretty much out of the wading game with the knee I have that could let me down at any time (and does) but dock fishing is always an option, and I'm not above UL spinning for trout as long as the guide doesn't try to stick bait on my line or a bobber on my leader.

Caloosa Bug, since things have improved a lot for since last year I just bought a motorcycle myself. I've always had big bikes but I picked a low miles Honda Shadow 750 twin and will put some kind of rack on it to haul rods safely to the local reservoirs. Looking forward to it since I had to give up riding about 4 years ago for health reasons and just sold my 4 wheel ATV and going to 2 wheels.

bigthumbsup_zpsc21a5ade (2).jpg

Vicrider, If the tailwaters are messed up due to Dam releases you can try the SpringRiver over at MammothSprings. Great guide with drift boat Mark Crawford $200 half day. Small town motel $50 a nite. Has saved many vacation days when Norfork, LRR, and the White were roaring. Some wade fishing too. Great also at DryRunCreek for kids and handicap at NorforkHatchery. We usually have a blast letting visitors kids use our stuff and catch some huge cutthroats off the piers along the creek. Use tiny stuff, fish food fly and for the big browns sulled in run use a big flesh fly and tell the youngins to hold on!

Killed some stockers for motel guy from the Spring, Dam3 area.

18inchersSpringR.jpg

Me and DD in blow up boat floating the SpringRiver, Ark

IMG_1121.png

IMG_1009.jpg

Last trip to LRR. Been awhile....hopper dropper down Libby way. Fish JFK early and when they open the damn drive down river for few hours more. Libby, Swinging Bridge

lil_red.JPG

Yeah Denduke, just read that article on bank fishing. These excerpts kind of stuck with me...

"Anglers should be careful when fishing any freshwater location in southeast Florida. An abundance of dangerous wildlife live in or around salt water. These critters range from rattlesnakes and water moccasins to alligators and large iguanas."

"Wherever you go in south Florida be mindful that car break-ins are so common that some guides leave their windows open and their cars unlocked to prevent damage."

Oh yeah, that's the encouragement I need to make me want to rush down and fish there. I couldn't afford it since I'd need security to protect my vehicle, a gun bearer to handle wildlife problems, and a guide to take those things off the hook I don't want to touch.

Vic, don't overthink it too much. I have been in some pretty sketchy situations and never had a problem. No need for a gun down here, and if you wear shoes and use common sense wildlife won't harm you. That being said, I've been here all my life so I know what's going on. I'll just recommend using some common sense and enjoy the bumps on the road...

I am actually in Chilean Patagonia right now! 24 hours later... ready to fish and hopefully have some luck! I'll update tomorrow

I have many dozen trips planned for this year. I'm going to shad fish the 1st three weeks of April followed by 4 weeks of striper fishing in May, a couple flounder trips in June as well as a handful of SMB trips. Come July and august some more SMB trips and new this year I'm going to take a couple snakehead trips. I also throw in for a few wading trout trips, some night time bank fishing for flatheads and some small stream warm water fishing. The great thing is this will all be done within 30 minutes of my house. The flounder are about 1 hr 15 minute drive. It's gonna be another great year.