Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

RC Clod Buster project

RdPMZ2.jpg
Kt9Z44.jpg

Now that I have most the chassis built and done I'm working on trying to get some of the smaller stuff finished so I can hopefully have it ready for powder coating in about a week. Working on getting the limiting straps on and the rear steer lock out all fabbed up and done.

Not following what you mean? Do you mean what is going to power the truck? If so then it's electric. Going to use dual brushless 4 pole motors with two pretty high end electronic speed controllers, then a 3s lipo battery.

How does the electric motor connect to the axle? Is there a pinion that drops into the orange blocks?

Each motor mounts onto the side of the axle housing directly. The shaft & pinion of the motor then sticks into the hole in the housing and rides against a spur gear which turns a planetary gear system for the axle.

Uql3dE.jpg

KUdFcw.jpg

OMWOeL.jpg

Fun stuff today. Shavin' tires Rounding the edges and back cutting the tread. One down three to go. I think I will only do one every couple days because this is not enjoyable lol. First one came out good though.

Powder coating is one of the most durable of finishes. Its a dry powder that is blown onto a media blasted part with an electrostatic gun so the electrical charge in the powder particles stick to the part which is grounded. Then is cured by baking it in an oven. Things that see a lot of hard use like bike frames, some appliances like your dishwasher some refrigerators and such if they are a colored appliance and not brushed aluminum, then those are powder coated. Much more durable than paint so that's the reason I went with that over painting.