Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

RC Clod Buster project

The picture is back. Now I blame my end for that one.

Back to the praise ... because that's all there is. Once again, you're proving to be an artist.

Fly rods, etc.

Bonsai

Aquariums

Airbrush artistry

You need to take up a hobby, Steve !!!

Yep paint is done from the inside, which is a good and bad thing. It's good in the fact that it helps to protect the paint job when the truck rolls and slides on its lid, but it can be a pain because you have to work in reverse order of colors than you normally would airbrushing. You have to start with the darker colors and work your way to the lighter ones or your light ones will turn muddy and bland looking.

Greg I am a lifelong bachelor ;) came close to getting married twice back in my 20's, but these days I enjoy my life & passions too much to tie myself down to someone. Sounds selfish I know, but I'm happy the way I am now. Maybe some day that will change, but for now I'm just living the good life lol

l6qBRd.jpg
kpf5dR.jpg
4gUX1j.jpg

Got the reaper on one side done today. Still have the other side to do then the ripped metal and checkered flag, but play time is over for a bit, gotta get back to working on rods now :(

xti9El.jpg
XWjkTN.jpg
fLcFmW.jpg
cj9IED.jpg
PyYkiv.jpg
udbsQH.jpg
2o7Mmp.jpg
gigUqQ.jpg

I was gonna take a break from it, but figured why not get it done so I could be done with the body and then get to real work for the rest of the week now. Real happy with how it turned out. Couple weeks from now I'll install the electronics and it'll be ready to go.

Thanks Mike. I was a bit hesitant at first because it's been 20 yrs since I airbrushed, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I do see (to my eye) some things I'm not happy with though, but that's to be expected since I'm rusty. Plus I NEED to get a quality airbrush again. Back years ago when I was airbrushing bodies for other guys I use to use a nice Iwata Revolution airbush, but I sold that when I got out of RC 20 yrs ago. So I bought a $15 China Ebay airbrush to do this body. I honestly can't complain, it does a nice job for what it is, but it is NOT user friendly at all. It's SO much more work to get the same results as it use to be. So I'm for sure gonna get a good Iwata again soon.

Of course, few realize the airbrush is only part of the equation. The masking is time consuming and as important as the gun.

It does look great, especially with the touches you have added like the driver and the engine bay.

Going to look great when you get it out and it's racing around.

7Rqik1.jpg
x1RTt4.jpg

Steering servo on and added a scale brake rotor/caliper to give it a more realistic appearance. Changed out the shock springs which dropped the ride height down now to a better level but still have to play around with oil and might go with a tad stronger spring rate as well so I don't have to run the adjustment collars all the way down. Slowly but surely getting there.

Use to race Rc cars did oval (NASCAR) man it was fun also owned 2 Stampede's fully gear out ran them at the local skate park ran brush-less in them with 3 cells Castle creations esc & motors.. My race car was 2 cell and Hobby King 5200 set up Hobby King US warehouse was down the road so I pick things up from there no shipping !! You have a very cool shelf project there because there is no way in he** I would run that on the roads plus I would worry about tipping over on corners at any speed looks very high centered .. That is probably the best Home made truck I have ever seen !!!

Steve-stabgnid

Thanks Steve. It'll get bashed pretty hard I plan on running it quite a bit smile.png Despite looking tall It's actually pretty low CG because the majority of the weight is down low. The chassis itself is pretty light since it is brake line tube (chassis weighs just over 2lbs) but the thing that keeps the CG lower is that clodbuster axles are MOA (motor on axle) type axles, so the motors are mounted right on each axle which keeps the CG lower. Then the battery will go right on the very bottom of the lowest part of the chassis so that will get the CG down lower as well. I also have some 1/8" rod which I plan on building dual sway bars out of which will help keep the body from swaying too much in corners. I've also got the chocks set at a high ride height in the pic, once it's done they will be adjusted to where it will sit about 1" lower than it is in the pictures. Should be a fun truck for sure.

I know you sold me the GoPro ... but if you can ... I'd really like to see some video of that thing when you take it out.