Fly Tying
Kimo

April Flies from the Vise

Boy, oh boy, Mike, those look great. I wonder who those are for. I have a three weight, (that could be just a coincidence). I also have a 5-6 weight that I use most of the time so chucking those babies wouldn't be a problem.

Yep not many people make a prettier popper than Mikew, you should join in a warm water swap he's in you'll likely get a finished one and a popper in the raw.

Vicente, yep, I was just being cute. I'm pretty sure those are for me on another trade. Can't wait to see them in person.

Thx for kind words guys

Yep those are for you Mark. Now that I know you have a 5/6 wt I can expand the variety a little.

About a year ago I bought an airbrush and went on a popper craze. I must have made about close to 200 poppers.

Just painted and glued them up,never finished the tails on them.

Ive given away at least 100 if not more in swaps and called them Poppers in the Raw or U finish them.

Im pretty OCD..and so I gave the best out first.

Im getting down to the end and these arent prefect to me.

An eyeball isnt quite right, a dot is smeared or not perfectly round, or I didn't like the patterns of the dots

Ect

Some of these are foam some cork and some balsa wood.

All of them have lots of man hrs into them.

Now that I know you have a 6wt I will expand the package a little bit.

Wow Mike, that sounds great. I love the way you dress them, and I can dress some myself.

Not that I'm obsessive or anything but I have the three wt. two 5/6's, an eight, three tens, a 12, a 13 and a 16. All are Sages except one Redington 6 wt. that I bought for some tight jungle fishing where I am known to break a rod, and two of the 10's are garage sale rods that I bought because I use them for deep sea and that's hard on rods too.

Nick. Excellent photography. Always enjoy your posts.

cheers man :)

Haven't contributed in months. Finally was able to tie a couple. Not the best, the dolly is actually really bad (first one, wrong width rabbit strip, excuses hah!).

Oh, and I didn't tie the ESL, only the buggers without the egg. Need to learn the glue gun for the egg it appears.

20190410-204957.jpg