Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on, fly tying or fishing related please.

Mark,

If you ask me you have an obsession as you said. Is it a problem?

An addiction is only a problem when it negatively impacts self or others. Since fly tying usually keeps delinquents like you guys off the street ... I say it's a BOON in this case !!!

tongue.png

Mark,

An addiction is only a problem when it negatively impacts self or others. Since fly tying usually keeps delinquents like you guys off the street ... I say it's a BOON in this case !!!

tongue.png

Yes, I think it's only a problem if it keeps you from your regular work, spending time with family, if you lay awake thinking about it or if you are denying it's doing all those things to you. But, It's not doing any of those things to me, so I'm good.

After all the "little thngs" that needed doing on my skiff (including making a new switch panel from scratch with black acrylic -4 x 15 x 1/8", with new idiot lights for bilge and live well pumps ). I was finally able to get back to tying - but still not flies...

I'm more than halfway through a bucktail jig order with one more to go after that... then it will be back to tying actual flies...

Mark,

tongue.png

Fly tying definitely keeps a guy like me off the street. It's a BOON for sure.biggrin.png

I just finished clearing the 22" of snow that arrived over the past 3 days. Every year Lady Arctic heads south to give us a kiss and over stays her welcome by about 3 months. -The tying gets me through. Without my tying desk, wood stove and bourbon I might start to believe those voices saying the sun is really burning out.

Kimo, I'm really, really liking your fly photography, taking this to new places as with your ties. A real innovator. Fun to watch

Kimo, I'm really, really liking your fly photography, taking this to new places as with your ties. A real innovator. Fun to watch

Mahalo Chug!

Kimo