Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

forum hat and tee shirt

I never got a shirt but I wish I still had my hat because it was one of those ball caps that's very comfortable

I had a shirt from way back that had the logo that’s on the hat. I may have packed it up I’m not sure. It got pretty worn out from what I remember.

Steve can we still buy shirts anymore? 

Justin

No the shirts were done I think two, maybe three different times back many years ago when Will had a place that made them up for everyone. He hasn't done a run of them in years though so no way to get any more.

Wearing mine right now - it is one of my favorite  shirts.  It is a  "good luck" shirt for sure -  wore it two  Saturdays ago and had one of  my  best ever  fishing days EVER.

Would  like  to see another  run  become available.

I had a light blue T-shirt that I loved. Got it back when I was in High School though and have since outgrown it and no longer have it. A bit of a shame!

On 5/9/2020 at 9:15 AM, Steeldrifter said:

No the shirts were done I think two, maybe three different times back many years ago when Will had a place that made them up for everyone. He hasn't done a run of them in years though so no way to get any more.

So there's no other place that makes t-shirts huh? 🤔

steve

you seem to be the only guy to have wills phone number.

maybe a simple 5 minute phone call might jog his memory of where he got them done and maybe the company still has the screen printing plates to run a new batch

and where he got the hats from

Use to have his number but it was on my old computer and I lost all my old contacts that were in my folder on that PC when I upgraded recently. I haven't actually spoke to him in person for probably 5+ years now.

2 hours ago, Pyme Fisher said:

So there's no other place that makes t-shirts huh? 🤔

I never said there were no other places. I simply said that Will is the one that does them, not me. And since Will is not really active on the site anymore than there's no way to get more because I do not have the time or desire to lay out the cash, collection payments from a bunch of guys, deal with taking all the orders, doing the shipping or deal with the companies myself with everything else I have going on. Stuff like that takes a lot more time to do than people realize. Maybe down the road during winter when things are not so busy I might consider taking it on, but with summer just around the corner I don't have the time now to do it.

7 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

I never said there were no other places. I simply said that Will is the one that does them, not me. And since Will is not really active on the site anymore than there's no way to get more because I do not have the time or desire to lay out the cash, collection payments from a bunch of guys, deal with taking all the orders, doing the shipping or deal with the companies myself with everything else I have going on. Stuff like that takes a lot more time to do than people realize. Maybe down the road during winter when things are not so busy I might consider taking it on, but with summer just around the corner I don't have the time now to do it.

I wouldn't do it, it might cut into fishing time. Nobody should have to do it for nothing. We have hats and shirts made for my business but we treat it as part of our business, for profit.

When are you leaving on your fishing trip?

Morning of June 8th Mark. As of now I plan on staying for 2 weeks all alone :) depending on how the fishing and weather are, there's a chance I may just end up staying a bit longer.

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

Morning of June 8th Mark. As of now I plan on staying for 2 weeks all alone :) depending on how the fishing and weather are, there's a chance I may just end up staying a bit longer.

Good for you buddy. I'll be just getting back from a one week trip to Sitka fly fishing. Make the most of it and savor every minute.

An unfortunate side effect of being furloughed ... you eventually have to go back to work.  Looks like I'm getting THAT dreadful news next week.  I don't wanna go back to work !!!

I think I'll get a t-shirt that says that and wear it on my first day back.