Fly Tying

And with troutguy we are a swap.  Thanks to everyone for signing up, looking forward to seeing the Mayfly hatch in my mailbox.

Tight Lines,

Fishing Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the motivation.  Flies will be in the post on Monday.  A Montana essential Fall mayfly -- The Blue Wing Olive

Moose Body BWO

• Hook: Firehole 419, #14
  • Thread: UTC 70 Olive
  • Tail: Dark Pardo CDL
  • Body: Moose Body Hair, Olive, wrapped as quill
  • Wing: Dun Z-Lon
  • Hackle: Medium Dun

BZN60212.jpg

BZN60216.jpg

Fishingbobnelson, if I can get the materials together and if I can pull it off, I’m thinking about a Green Drake Hairwing. How does that sound?

BB

If you want in Landon P you can have my spot. I jump in for all swaps but need some extra time and the fly I want to tie right now takes me about 3 flies to get one close to right. Mayfly tails, tapered body with stripped eye quill, black poly thorax pulled over CDC in loop and Wally Wings. A catskill quill spinner. I like the looks but this was my fourth try before I had one I might send in and it took me awhile. One problem is newer meds are taking some of the steadiness I used to have in my hands. Oh well, helps in other ways.

DSCF5811 (2).JPG

Vicrider it's fine. I don't know many mayfly patterns and I still dont fully understand the swap system. 

Guess I'm going to have to try my best to get a dozen of those tied now that I've shown one. Of course, if someone wants in this swap my spot can be taken but I won't renege on an "I'm in" call so I'll complete them one way or another. If worse comes to worse and no one jumps in and I just can't get those done I know I can sub some easier ties if needed.

Address please. Flies are done, just need toe tags

AP-Green-Drake-Nymphs-1-Dozen.jpg

AP Green Drake Nymph

Hook - 3XL nymph style

Thread - Olive

Tail - Natural woodduck feather fibers

Ribbing - #9 yellow glo-brite floss

Abdomen - Olive hares ear dubbing

Wingcase - Moose body hairs

Thorax - Olive hares ear dubbing

Legs - Moose body hair pulled back after wing case is tied down and trimmed to length

Dang, been on vacation and haven’t checked the forum lately, I hate I missed this one, if anyone drops out I’ll be glad to fill in