Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Stu Thompson

Pattern Book

Well after fly fishing for 55 years I finally decided to publish a fly pattern book. It has taken a while but the flies in this book take multiple species of fish in both fresh and salt water. It has been a learning experience for sure not to mention nerve racking and exciting at the same time. Anyway the front cover of the book and a couple of sample pages for you to take a look at.

DSCN5764_(2).JPG

DSCN5765 (2).JPG

DSCN5770 (2).JPG

DSCN5772 (2).JPG

Very nice and the 101 flies should cover just about anything. Who was the publisher? Got an idea for a book but need to talk SWMBO into the travel time which could take 8-10 months total.

Nice book and I'm sure their are people who will truly appreciate all your efforts!  Had one book I wrote published.  It was a first aid book written at New Readers Press for their Laubach Literacy Program.  They need books adult in tone but written at the 3rd grade reading level for their ESL (English as a Second Language) programs.  My Mom's a retired 3rd grade teacher so I had easy access to a proofreader/editor! 

Kim

Awesome!!! Looks great. I would love to buy a copy. FWIW, I self-published a running book several years ago. I quickly discovered how much marketing work was needed to drive sales and I totally underestimated that. However, it was a great experience and pocketing a modest amount of coin in the process was a fun bonus. Best of luck! 

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes there is a section on Pike and Musky flies as well as basic streamers which if tied in bigger sizes would no doubt work for both Pike and Musky. If you want to send me a PM then I can add you to the list that I currently have. Everyone on it will get an autographed copy or you can go to my Facebook page and add your name there. Either way I will get your name on the list. Once again thank you.

Well the book is getting closer to publication. As of now it is 65% complete. I do have another editing round to go in the next couple of weeks so it should be out mid July.