Weight - Lead/lead free wire

Thread - Fire orange

Tail - Dark brown marabou and bronze flash

Body - Rusty colored dubbing

Wing case - Peacock herl

Hackle - Speckled brown hen

Thorax - Rusty colored dubbing

8 hours ago, Mill Creek Minnow said:

I answered your call.... I guess that the flies I posted didn't quite stack up. Mayhap that is the reason "new blood" tyers don't feel comfortable posting here.

Chad,

There’s no way your flies don’t  belong here. That stonefly dry you posted on Westfly a few years ago was inspired, one of my favorite Rogue variations

MCM Foam Stonefly 

51483677763_c40bc0939b_z.jpg

It’s good to know you’re still around.  I really miss Westfly; lots of great folks and info on that site.

Regards,
Scott

Dyret Jingler

51482924992_b53877556a_c.jpg

51482925042_1dd70e8a18_c.jpg

51483926663_a6f8f0d447_c.jpg

A not-very-subtle October Caddis

hook - Maruto 7989 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 fire orange
tail - deer hair dyed orange
rib - xsmall wire copper
body - dubbing rusty orange 
body hackle - grizzly dyed orange (1 Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange/ 1 cup water)
shoulder - chukar dyed orange
head - deer hair dyed orange

Regards,
Scott

Thought the Mill Creek flies posted were interesting and well crafted.  Not able to view as often as I like or comment on each pattern that I admire.  When visiting, these pages are a great resource and inspiration.   Appreciate the board even as an infrequent participant on the forum. To all, keep the patterns coming.  

15 hours ago, utyer said:

MillCreek, you have already gotten the ONLY answer you need from the Sea Run Cuts.  I agree with niveker, that your patterns do have a lot of movement.  What others say here matters very little.  What the fish say is the important thing.    

Thank you for that! It has been years since I have posted anything. The fishing was good and the catching was plentiful. 

What do you typically fish for in Florida?  I use to fish the flies that I tie, but life has gotten in the way. my new goal is to have other people have success on my patterns. I currently have 8 jam packed trout fly boxes on tour. From the Ruby River, to the Deschutes. My reward right now is the joy that Other folks get catching fish on my flies. If I can add to that then I feel like I have made an accomplishment. I would send you flies in a heartbeat. Just let me know your target species and I will send you something. It's my therapy!..!..

13 hours ago, SBPatt said:

Chad,

There’s no way your flies don’t  belong here. That stonefly dry you posted on Westfly a few years ago was inspired, one of my favorite Rogue variations

MCM Foam Stonefly 

51483677763_c40bc0939b_z.jpg

It’s good to know you’re still around.  I really miss Westfly; lots of great folks and info on that site.

Regards,
Scott

Thank you, Scott, for the encouragement. It has been quite some time since I have shared anything. I'm sure that you remember how passionate I can be when it comes to this twisted thread and feather thing that we all love. If you would like to see the finished product of the evolution of this pattern just let me know. I can send you half a dozen of them! Like I said, I have always appreciated your attention to detail in your SBS posts. And I was always rooting for your thumb nail to heal from the constant bruise it always had! 

Peace

7 hours ago, Mill Creek Minnow said:

If you would like to see the finished product of the evolution of this pattern just let me know.

Thanks,

We’re going to be on the road for a while with no fixed location. Please post some pics; would like to see what it turned in to.

Regards,
Scott

Mill Creek

That stone fly is a great looking fly.  I will have to tie a few before I go to Idaho next spring.  Thanks for the fly offer, but I am still in tying mode.  I too give more flies away than I use any more.  I have given up fishing the inshore lagoons around the Cape, and now fish either the surf, or the St John River  for the winter Shad run.  January and February are the only months that I get to wade in a river or stream around here, 

Now for a favorite still water leach I have had plenty of success with.  

Thread NYMO 3/0, Tail and body, is a synthetic brushed out yarn long ago discontinued, can't even remember the name of it.  I have 2 colors and they will outlast me.

Brush it out after tying and it looks like hell. but after a little soak it looks much better.

Dry Leach.JPG

Wet leach.JPG

7 hours ago, SBPatt said:

Thanks,

We’re going to be on the road for a while with no fixed location. Please post some pics; would like to see what it turned in to.

Regards,
Scott

These are not my photos. But this is where the pattern ended up. It's hard to see, but there is a ribbed foam back on the abdomen. I have some photos somewhere that show it better. I will follow up. Safe travels!

Demoe%20Mill%20Creek%20Golden%2020-2520.jpg

demoes-mill-creek-golden.jpg

Delta wing Stonefly pattern on a MFC 7008 hook  

Thread:  Gutermann Skala 240, Craft foam body black floss rib.  Elk hair wing tied as a Bullitt head and split.  White bucktail sighter,  Eggs are trimmed black deer hair.

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

Outstanding flat wing Moshup... I had a jungle cock cape given to me years ago and it was a bit elderly when I first got my hands on it.  I was never satisfied with the bugs I did using jungle cock for eyes so I actually gave it away so someone could make use of it.... Seeing what you've done makes me realize my imagination just didn't stretch far enough...