Fly Tying
DarrellP

Classic Steelhead/Salmon fly swap- mailed out

I'll jump in.  Question, not being a Steelheader what size hook are you thinking?  I've got enough TMC 7999 in Size 6 to tie all and some Daiichi Alec Jacksons in sz 5 (no consistency here) to tie 6 of the 12.  Thoughts?

You can tie on 6 through 1 or even larger. Some people go smaller.  I find myself tying on 4 or 3 most of the time.  Thanks for joining.

I've got a set of squirrel hair skunks tied up with flashtail. To add something a little different I have a set of Perdigons in steelhead size and weight to get down quick and be an anchor fly if you're fishing nymphs. Ready to mail soon as quantity is finalized. 

Nick

Looks like there will be 6 of us.  Please tie accordingly.  I am tying a Kalama Special, as the Kalama was where I learned to Steelhead fish and a gem of a river.  I am either attempting some sort of Spey if I can pull it off.  If not, I will add a General Practitioner. Please send 6 of a pattern or two.  This will be fun.