Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

Do you know what this is?

1 minute ago, chugbug27 said:

It's a wrench for the HMH trv made out of damasteel by you, inspired by flytire's issue?

You sir are the winner, except that, it's made of high density plastic (UHMW) so as not to mar the vise. I call it the "HMH TRV rheumatoid, trigger finger mitigater".

The bad news is, you didn't win anything, sorry.

Only other thing is, he sold his vise before I could send it to him. I tried to get his mailing address from him (under the guise of sending him some polar bear hair) and he declined the offer. He's has always been reluctant to accept gifts from people even though he has contributed as much or more to this site than most of us. He's a giving, not taking, sort of guy.

I made five of them, took about an hour to program my CNC to build them and eight minutes each to make them. They are not meant to apply more pressure than the vise was intended to take, only give people with less than average dexterity in there hands a better grip on the knob. With that in mind, I don't think it would null any guarantee your vise might have, if anyone would like to have one, please let me know. I'm sure my vise is way past any guarantee. I have had it three years or so and I have modified it.

I modified mine to hold bigger hooks (11/0) better so now, I might not even need a wrench. I'm still going to keep one around in case I decide to tie on shark hooks.😄😁

2 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

Kind of looks like some kind of wrench

You were close too, you get partial credit but you don't get a prize either. 😄

8 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

You sir are the winner, except that, it's made of high density plastic (UHMW) so as not to mar the vise. I call it the "HMH TRV rheumatoid, trigger finger mitigater".

The HMH TRV RTFM. 

24 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

Mike's answer led me to it. That, plus your own giving nature, Mark. Nice gesture.

Then Mike gets partial credit too but he doesn't win anything either.

Mark you designed and created this tool just to potentially help out  somebody you've never met in person?

Only a really kind hearted person would do something like that  - don't worry we won't tell anyone. 

15 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

The bad news is, you didn't win anything, sorry.

Only other thing is, he sold his vise before I could send it to him. I tried to get his mailing address from him (under the guise of sending him some polar bear hair) and he declined the offer. He's has always been reluctant to accept gifts from people even though he has contributed as much or more to this site than most of us. He's a giving, not taking, sort of guy.

I made five of them, took about an hour to program my CNC to build them and eight minutes each to make them. They are not meant to apply more pressure than the vise was intended to take, only give people with less than average dexterity in there hands a better grip on the knob. With that in mind, I don't think it would null any guarantee your vise might have, if anyone would like to have one, please let me know. I'm sure my vise is way past any guarantee. I have had it three years or so and I have modified it.

I modified mine to hold bigger hooks (11/0) better so now, I might not even need a wrench. I'm still going to keep one around in case I decide to tie on shark hooks.😄😁

Chug should win some of that polar bear hair. You Mark win the great guy award.

5 hours ago, DFoster said:

Mark you designed and created this tool just to potentially help out  somebody you've never met in person?

Only a really kind hearted person would do something like that  - don't worry we won't tell anyone. 

I must have some kind of insatiable need to please people brought on by my inability to please my wife. Weird huh.

I actually made five of them, I used one myself last night on an extremely hard to hold 8X streamer hook that wanted to slip when I got near the eye end.

I have 4 available if anyone else would like one.