Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouttramp

Dry+Dropper swap, WENT OUT 3/15/2022

My flies are ready I’ve tie them together as hopper/dropper. It’s just an example as I generally use 5x fluorocarbon, 18” to 20” apart

On 1/21/2022 at 2:55 PM, Woodenlegs said:

My flies are ready I’ve tie them together as hopper/dropper. It’s just an example as I generally use 5x fluorocarbon, 18” to 20” apart

I have some of my own tied up like that but drop distance varies so much I hate to make someone change the tippet. Some time back I did a similar swap and tied a stiffer 6" or so of leader right on the shank of the first fly. I added a 2mm ring to that so a person could tie direct to the ring with drop they wanted. I thought about on these but didn't have the rings or couldn't fine them so I'll just let people tie to hook bend or drop from eye with tippet they want. Looking forward to this swap since it's something I want to do more of this year and with the assortment we'll get you can mix and match as you think will work. In my case you can go small since my dropper is a size #22 and dry is a an overhackled #14 Crackleback with foam wrapped body.

I have mine done and will give someone an option to go small if they want. A size 14 Crackleback with 14 wraps of hackle and wound foam strip body. Should have plenty of buoyancy for the size 22 nymph. 16/0 red Veesus thread, CDQ tail, xs red wire overwrapped body of thread, herl thorax and 1.5mm rainbow plunge tungsten bead.

DSCF6696.JPG

DSCF6695.JPG

Looking good for a floater Northcaddis but you are aware we need the full complement of 10  now. JIC you thought it was only 9 we got a last minute full swap.

Vic, I believe Northcaddis is thinking that he will send nine flies, one for each tier and just not send one of his own, to be returned to himself.

Is this not acceptable on this site?  I am still learning the particulars on this board.

TT