Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouttramp

Dry+Dropper swap, WENT OUT 3/15/2022

Okay guys. Went back to page 1 and see that our host included himself in the list of 10. Usually TT when we list the entry #s we DO NOT include ourselves as Swapmeister. In this case since you included yourself it does mean only 9 flies are needed. If you had not put your name on the list then it would mean 10 flies and when sorted with your flies in there it would mean one of each from each tier and you would not get one of your own back. You really only have 9 people tying for this swap PLUS yourself so 9 flies gets everyone a fly (2 actually) from each person including yours and you get 9 total, one from each of us who signed up. 

Didn't mean to confuse anyone by saying we need 10 but that was before I went back and saw you included yourself in the list. If this is the only glitch you run into on your first swaps I'd be surprised. All of us have had our own mixups in the past including myself. Then you've got WWKimba who lists his numbers and just leaves one out and then thinks he lost mine because he didn't notice he left a number and he's run a lot of swaps. All is good with us sending you 9 pairs and if someone sends an extra it's either yours or just toss it at random in someone's box.

I have to share blame for that with the section moderator - vicrider! - Not once since I have hosted flies on this site was I advised that a Swapmeister needed to know how to COUNT!😉

Kim

1 hour ago, Bryon Anderson said:

My flies will go in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Troutrtamp! 

My pleasure, thanks for the heads up.

TT

Mine went out today, and I wanted to mention, too, that the name on the outside of my package (Bryon Anderson) is also my screen name, so my screen name is technically on the package as requested. :)

On 2/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, Trouttramp said:

/Got your flys Bryon, fine, fine looking flys! 

love your Madam  X  pattern, one of my all time favorite flys for Cutthroats.

TT/*

Thanks TT! Glad they made it safely. 

That little #12 Madam X has been a lucky fly for me -- caught my very first large dry-fly Brown on that pattern over 20 years ago on the Pere Marquette, and many good fish since. :)

Just tying up my 13 1/2 flies.  Dry = Orange (October Caddis) Rackelhanen and the Dropper = Micro Chenille Caddis Nymph (also orange).  It's just the half ties that are taking time to figure out!😉 Feel free to add these choices to the list because I can't seem to find a TBD pattern.😁

Kim