Fly Tying
breambuster

Crappie Jigs Anyone?

You can be in woodenlegs. BB's math is kind of hard to figure but there can be more than 4, just let him explain again how that works out.  If you take us to 7 tiers than I think it would 7 jigs x 2 or 14 total. 7 total of two different patterns and we'll get a total of 14 back. I think this is right but BB can doublecheck my old math and let me know if it works out for him.

Nick

492d50d1e22c5405131ca080ea89c9cc.png

I don’t have but 12 toes! How am I ever going to figure all this out? I was hoping that maybe, I MIGHT get 2 other guys, and now I’ve got 7. My ulterior motive was to, hopefully, learn some new patterns for my fishing. But I have hit a bonanza. 7 swappers so far! Great. You are all in. My college major was in arts and languages, not science. I earned a BA, not a BS. I will trust Vicrider’s math and not mine. The goal is that you get back 2 Jigs from each of the other swappers, but none of your own. 

Flytier, if I can do it, you can for sure. I bought a small ladle to dip the melted lead out of the melt pot rather than pouring hot lead out of the melt pot. I built my own fluid bed out of PVC and run it with an aquarium air pump. It works much better to pour 1 day and paint at least a day later so the jig cools down completely. There are all kinds of YouTube videos on how to do all this. Hang in there. If you change your mind about joining, let me know.

Woodenlegs, get busy shopping. You are in!

Thanks to all who have joined so far. 

BB

22 hours ago, breambuster said:

I'm thinking about a Crappie Jig Swap for jigs that are either 1/16th oz or 1/32 oz. I know that's off the beaten path for this forum, but I know there are at least a few jig tyers here. What I'm thinking about is that if we have 3 swappers to join, me & 2 others, we would each tie 3 jigs of 4 different patterns, (materials, colors, etc) for a total of 12 jigs. Each swapper would get back one jig of each of the 4 patterns that each tyer sends in for a total of 12 jigs back. If we have 4 swappers, we go to 4 jigs of 3 different patterns, and you get back 12 jigs. If we go to 5 swappers, we do 5 jigs of 2 patterns for a total of 10 jigs and each swapper gets back 10, and anything above 5 it will be 2 patterns for every how many swappers we have. We could leave sign ups open for a week, close the swap and determine how many jigs of how many patterns each swapper will tie.  I hope I've done the math correctly. It's easy for us old guys to get confused. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, is anyone interested in tying up some Crappie Jigs? 

BB

1. Swapmweister

2 Vicrider

3 WWKimba

4 Richmce

5 Wooden Legs

6 Stabgnid

7 John1986

7 Stabgnid

I see John and Stab are BOTH lucky! 😀

Kim

Nick, I think that you REALLY should put in that "knows how to count" Swapmeister clause!

Ok Kim, I think I’ve finally got it figured out now. There are 6 swappers plus the Swapmeister. Each swapper will tie 6 jigs of 2 patterns for a total of 12 Jigs. You will get back 2 Jigs from each of the other 5 swappers or 10 Jigs from them and 2 from the Swapmeister, for jigs. If we have others to join, add 1 jig of each of your 2 patterns for each additional swapper. 

And, No, Kim, I didn’t use rocks, pennies or marbles to figure it out. Did I think about it? That is another question. 😃

BB

When you guys figure this please tell me how many jigs I need to tie Please I don't care if its 100 .. LMAO  I'm starting to get ready for spring so I will be painting a lot..

Steve-stabgnid 

Oops! Nikever was accidentally left off the revised list of swappers. That makes 7 swappers, so you will tie 7 Jigs of each of 2 patterns for a total of 14 Jigs. You will get back 14 Jigs, but none of your own. We will leave the sign ups open for a while yet. Do any of you guys already signed up have a limit to how many Jigs you are willing to tie? We will close early if this is getting to be too many.

BB

Can we tie 2 of the same pattern ? I like to give my jigs out in pairs so if you lose one you got another one of the same....

Steve-stabgnid 

Ok, guys, if anyone is still on the bubble, trying to decide whether or not to join, you have until midnight Monday night, the end of Valentines Day to decide. The swap will close at Midnight Monday night. Let’s set the due date for the Ides Of March. You are expected to have your Jigs in my possession by March 15. That gives you a month to get it done. Each swapper is expected to submit, unless someone else joins, 7 Jigs of 2 patterns each which means 14 Jigs total. I am planning to tie my Ugly Green and Monkey Milk patterns. Happy tying, guys.

BB

Welcome aboard, DarrellP. It’s good to have you join us. 

OK, guys, we now have 8 swappers, that makes it 8 Jigs each of 2 different patterns for a total of 16 Jigs. 

BB