Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Christmas Box Swap info and Special Contest

There are a few things I'd like to talk about the upcoming shipping of the swap packages. 

First, overall this is best bunch of Christmas boxes and flies I've been privileged to handle. Secondly, the postage and the additional goodies sent in were astounding. I'm proud to be a part of such a wonderful and generous group of elves. Everyone will get something extra in their package, hopefully something they will be able to put to use at their vise. I can tell you that some of the extras will go toward sending boxes to Healing Waters for Women with Breast Cancer and one of the Wounded Warrior groups for military and First Response workers.

Second, about those extras, every year I learn a few things to benefit me in the swap game. One of those is that with all the extras sent in I did not keep track of who sent what. Because of that you might well get back something in your package you sent in to be shared. This is only because of my lack of bookkeeping and not because it wasn't a fine gift to distribute to others.

Third, about this contest. A few people sent extra gift boxes so some will get a couple in their package or separately. Now, one member sent in a package so far Above and Beyond any expectations that I make an executive decision to put this box into a special "Spin the Wheel" contest for the recipient. This box is mostly streamers, all beautifully tied, and I would love to see it go to someone who will really put such quality loose on the water. I have not swapped a box yet and could keep this one but it too good for the limited fishing I do now to make good use of. So, here's the deal. Between now and Monday noon give me your name if you want to be in the swap for this box and you will still get your regular swap but this will be a special Super Santa Bonus thanks to an extraordinary Elf out there. Winner will be surprised and not mentioned until after Christmas.

CenCalFly1.JPG

CenCalFly2.JPG

wow, beautiful box! haven’t been tying flies at uni (too busy with my work lol) and it sucks that I had to miss the christmas swap this year. Next year I’ll bring my tying stuff to university with me.

Your post serves as a reminder to me why I'm glad to be a small part of such a great forum.  Thanks to the mods, the swamp-Meisters, and all those who contribute, big and small.  

Outstanding!  What a generous offer - I'm already looking forward to next year's Christmas swap.  Someone will be very happy with that extra box!  

Also, thank you for donating to those outside organizations.  We, as a group are part of something greater than ourselves in this act of kindness.  I'm proud about that.

That's a sweet set of flies and I am also very happy we support the outside organizations. Nice work St. Nick🎅