Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
skidoosh

Need ideas for material storage

I'm currently using a copier paper box for my materials storage. I'm looking for something that stacks and can double the space for under $100- what ideas do you have?

Similar to flytire, I use the stackable plastic boxes and the drawers in a couple of configurations.  I really hate using plastic, but can't really justify the expense of a more upscale system at this point. 

804966e7-286a-4910-b0ff-3ad16ed5245b-1-0

8c952737-f431-49b1-8aed-0d3211491c59-1-b

98ce0e92-3a9d-4f8d-a201-d278a731d856-1-d

ce871814-46a8-46c6-ba4f-0ea151f00291-ae5

^^^^^^^^^ This. Not only is this the cheapest route, I find it to be the most organized “system” and it can be easily expanded when needed. It’s not the most esthetically  pleasing system but my wife does not permit me to decorate the public portion of my house with fishing stuff. 

I also use the plastic storage boxes for most of my stuff, but also utilize peg board for my most commonly used materials. The items on the board can be changed as needed with tying themes or seasons. 

IMG_6074.jpeg

Your organized benches makes me sad.  My bench looks like a tornado that set down in a chicken coop.

Whatever you decide, remember airtight is best for protection. The Sterlite boxes from Walmart are as good as anything. They are unaffected by moth balls too.

I don't know where you live, but I will tell you the Container Store near us in King of Prussia is a fly tyers heaven for storage options.