Fly Tying
flytire

Mega Millions Jackpot - 1 Winner

I remember seeing a psychiatrist on TV in the not too distant past who said as long as you don't go overboard, go ahead and buy a ticket or 2. Don't get your hopes up but the pleasure of thinking what you can do with the money in a positive sense can be uplifting and fun.

Sure I bought a ticket...Why not? 💲💲💲

Although your odds of winning are astronomically against it ... you have an absolute zero chance if you don't play at all.  I've got one number I've played for 20 years.  Won $900.00 once and $450.00 once.  Still hoping for the "retirement plan" amount to fall into my hands!

10 hours ago, mikechell said:

I've got one number I've played for 20 years.  Won $900.00 once and $450.00 once

Wow that's pretty damn good there. I have never bought an actual lottery ticket before myself, but I usually buy some scratch off tickets when I am on fishing trips and have won small amounts of $25-$35 but nothing more than that.

I'm with you Steve. Never bought a lottery ticket yet but when with a group at some place with scratch offs the women will always pull money and buy a bunch. Most times it's a loser but a few times it paid off to cover evening out but never a big win.

Then there's the story about the blonde who prayed to God before every lottery drawing for a win that would catch her up on rent and let her buy a car and some new clothes. This went on for several years and finally she prayed, "God, I've done every thing I can to be good and represent you in every way but why won't you help me just once with a lottery win?" A bright light lit up her room and a deep voice said, "Carol, you've got to buy a ticket."

Like most, every now and then I get that daydream of a big win..... but long ago quit buying even an occasional ticket.  With a career in law enforcement behind me and a much too close look at some of the "rich folks" I came into contact with years ago... it's not hard for me to see a "big win" as something of a difficult proposition.  One of the reasons I spend as much time on the water as possible is what I learned the hard way - about people in general... and what will happen to anyone with a lot of wealth - even if all they do is make it their life's work to give it all away... No war stories from this end - but I do have more than a few of how people in general behave when money is involved - particularly big money...  My years on the street were from 1973 to 1995 - back when we really did have folks you  might meet who carried their cash - in shopping bags (and that was just the accounting end of dirty business down here in paradise..). Glad those days seem to be behind us.. 

Um ... no.  Bought mine here in Deltona.  Jacksonville ... guess I should've driven up there to buy my ticket.

Just an FYI.  If I ever DO win the lotto ... Wife just said, "You have NO friends except ME!"

You guys leave Mike alone....Just because he lives in Fl just stop trying to be his best friend.......Because, I am. And anyway...if Mike says he bought his ticket in Deltona.... Well, then Capt Bob is now my new best friend. I have always liked you Capt Bob, sorry if I never mentioned that before.. 😁

Gee thanks...   Right now I'm still knee deep in re-fitting my skiff... almost done except for the fact that I've managed to screw up my navigation lights (and have a night trip scheduled on Monday...).  It never ends.  I noted a few minor items still to be done - then added them up - only six of them as of now... Just think... if I won the big prize I could have more boats (and a shop or two do all those "little things"...).  The best part, for me at least... would be I wouldn't have to charge the folks that fished with me... since I actually like guiding and wouldn't give it up if I had that "big win"...