Fly Tying
Trouttramp

Football team swap -SHIPPED 11-10-23

It figures that a fellow swap host would screw things up!🙄  October snuck up on me, I'll drop my flies in Monday's mail and send you the PO tracking#.  Sorry about that!

Kim

Flies sent out, USPS tracking #9500 1108 4512 3275 6562 80.  My apologies to all of you for my tardiness!😒

Kim

Thanks.  Tied my usual 3 patterns:

1) THE Rivalry - To honor the BEST rivalry in any sports, the annual  Army - Navy game.  They are fierce rivals during the game BUT show great respect after the final gun, as they play on the same team then.  Also, some may not live to see the next game in protecting our freedom.

2) The Pop Fly - To honor Glenn Scobey "Pop" Warner during his years with Jim Thorpe at the Carlisle Indian Industrial School.  I could do a whole series of these flies, his alma mater - Cornell (near me and where my brother works!), Iowa State, Georgia, Pittsburgh, Temple, San Jose State, and Stanford!  What a series of flies that would make!

3)  222-0 - For the most lopsided final score ever in the college game.  Georgia Tech Engineers- 220 - Cumberland College Bulldogs-0 in 1916.  GA Tech ran up the score because of a baseball game between the two schools the year before.  It was 25-0 Cumberland on top and the Engineers felt that Cumberland had brought in some ringers to play for the Bulldogs.  GA Tech scored 24 touchdowns on one play or LESS in the game!!  As they say - "Payback is a ..."!  This game is why college sports have Divisions now.  BTW, Cumberland had only 1 play that gained any yards throughout the whole game.  The anniversary of that game is this week (October 7th).

I should have dropped from this swap with all the problems I've been having but stuck because of how far out the deadline was. Okay, I am good on the Cowboys but my red/white Sooner flies are kind of a mixed bag of flies that just didn't turn out great. One of the new meds I take has my hands shake so bad I'm afraid to eat with a fork after I take it but it settles down enough after awhile I got some done anyway. How many do we actually need for the swap? That will determine which ones I send for the Sooners.

8 hours ago, vicrider said:

I should have dropped from this swap with all the problems I've been having but stuck because of how far out the deadline was. Okay, I am good on the Cowboys but my red/white Sooner flies are kind of a mixed bag of flies that just didn't turn out great. One of the new meds I take has my hands shake so bad I'm afraid to eat with a fork after I take it but it settles down enough after awhile I got some done anyway. How many do we actually need for the swap? That will determine which ones I send for the Sooners.

There are 7 tiers + the swap master. So 7 flys per pattern you tie. Unless you want one of yours sent back with the set, then it’s 8 per pattern.

I can sympathize with the health problems. Thanks for hanging in there.

Okay, after really looking over my Sooner flies and the fact that I tied them during a rough stretch with poor feathers for wing material I set those aside and tied up a twin to the Cowboy flies but with the different colors. They should go out tomorrow hopefully.