Balloon Caddis Variant

Hook - Curved or straight shank

Thread - Gray

Body and Thorax Cover - Grey closed cell foam 

Wing - Deer hair 

Thorax - Grey dubbing

From a Davie McPhail Video

Haig-Brown's Silver Brown

Hook - salmon/steelhead, thread- black, tail- Indian Crow sub (ringneck pheasant), body- silver tinsel, hackle red brown hackle from golden pheasant tail, wing- sparse orange polar bear underwing (or sub) with golden pheasant tail sections tied wet wing style.

hbsilverbrown.jpg

Haig-Brown's General Fry Imitation

From Fly Anglers On-line.   For his all-purpose fry imitation Haig-Brown recommends a pale red or orange tail which both the Silver Lady and Silver Brown sport. All of his fry and baitfish patterns, except the stickleback, had silver bodies, his preference for the all-purpose fry fly. A red hackle for the throat because it added brightness and red seemed to attract fish. A hairwing rather than the conventional feather-strip wing, because hairwings had more movement; polar bear rather than bucktail because it was more translucent and flexible; and a variety of colors: orange, yellow, blue, green and white perhaps to cover the many different light conditions encountered in a day's fishing.

Hook- salmon/steelhead (low water preferred), thread- black, tail- Indian Crow sub (ringneck pheasant dyed), body, silver tinsel, throat- red hen hackle, wing- hair mixed not stacked; white, blue, green, orange, and yellow polar bear or sub (yak used) tied Ed Haas style.

hbfryimt.jpg

Started a new trout box the beginning of October. Here's where I'm at so far.

20231022_195947.thumb.jpg.c844d10f7ab7f01565ba3f2d5ce6382d.jpg

I've got some dries to tie still and I've added a few bigger streamers to another box, but I'm pretty well ready to kick off the trout season.

No new posts on FTF for 17 hours. Seems like a good time to post this.

A good friend from this site sent me a new Tiemco whip finisher for no good reason at all, and this is the first thing I tied with it. Its a dragon fly proto. I'm working on.

Thanks for the whip finisher buddy, it works great.

20231023_093300.jpg

Died, blue, Lady Amherst tail feathers for tail and legs. Body of wrapped blue bucktail under outer skin of blue Lady Amherst for floatation. Mono eyes and CDC wings.

2 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

Nice reinvented dragonfly

2 hours ago, SalarMan said:

Oh so sweet Mark. One nifty and I'll bet effective fly!!!

Thanks guys.