Fly Tying

Swap box 3

Well you all have put the pressure on for the box again.I would like to see this continue.

For all that don't know what we do,we start a box with material that you have extra of or things you think you might want to trade with others.The box starts with one and continues around everyone swapping different things.

This would be the third round so i am up to new suggesting from you all that have taken part in the other swaps.Before i have tried to keep the cost of shippage as low as i could to the next person.

One idea i have is to start from me and to go to those that have not taken part before then contunue around and then those those that have been involved would see the tail of the swap.That way we might get a little differnt sortment of material.

Any and all coments welcomed.

I will also make sure their is a list with all swappers name and such laminated so each member knows were the box needs to go next.

Each member will be responsable for the well being of the box and the material put in.Try and keep the box in good shape.if you see that it has been ruffed up a little and a replacement should be ,then please do.Material please keep things in ziplock bags and marked with the type of material.We would like to keep those unwanted critters from ruining our enjoyment of this.

Also lets keep the communication open to one another.It helps also to make things run smooth.The more the more fun it gets.Their keep getting new material everytime i get it back at the end and will never in my wildest dream be able to use it all.Just a hint marabou rolleyes.gif

With that said all that want in just say those 2 magic words as with all swaps.

The rules of this swap are as is.When recieve the box please fill free to take the time to go through it but please send it back on its way in a timely fasion.Also make sure the you contact the next person to recieve it that it has been mailed and on the way.PM one another would cut down on the worries.Also posting on the site would be great so all can watch the progress of the box.

In no way is FTF,RBF,or TFF held with any responsability with a member not holding up to their part for a lose of the box.So far we have not had a problem with this.Go to show you what kind of members we have here on FTF,RBF and TFF.

Agian all suggetions and input is welcomed to help make the fun and enjoyable for all members.

Thanks in advance to all that are a part of this

Rick

trout traveler

QUOTE (trout traveler @ Aug 28 2005, 11:14 AM)

One idea i have is to start from me and to go to those that have not taken part before then contunue around and then those those that have been involved would see the tail of the swap.That way we might get a little differnt sortment of material.

I like that idea Rick, lets do that.

I'M IN! yahoo.gif

Bud said he wanted in on the next box, I sent him a PM but I think he and the family packed up and headed inland till the hurricane passes, so lets save a spot for Bud as well.

I also like the idea as quoted:

Each time I have seen the box come around there is always somthing new.

Count me in!

Well looks like we have a good start..

1.myself

2.Steel Drifter

3.Hurricane Bud

4.Graham

5.Day5

6.fishyman

7.tdeyette

8.CjCalls

9.bentflyrod

10.Fishigan

11.mozes

12.OLB

Day5 what happens is i will start the box.Then is proceds to the next guy and then he looks through it exchanges a little close to same value.And it makes it rounds.Hope it makes sence.just got home from work.

Now i will let you all consider the cut off and the amount of members to leave this to.Thoughts are the more the more there is to exchange.But also the longer it takes to make its rounds.All input welcomed freely except SD going to cost him. biggrin.gif .Let me know your thoughts.All welcomed to join.

tt

Their is more material than i will use.But the box depends on the amount of stuff others add to it.The price normally stays around no more than 10 bucks each i would figure.Not sure if i remembeer were you from but i always trie to keep the shipping to the least amount for everyone involved.We don't do anything fancy just regular mail.Unless the member wants to ship differently.Know if your close to another member you can always try and exchange it by meeting up.Hope that this helps to answer a few things.

tt