Fly Tying
LisaLou

The King has arrived, plus a jelly donut

So my husband and step son went out to run errands.  I have been battling my weight most of my adult life, and try to watch the sweets.  He called me as usual to give me a heads up to bring the dogs out and in before they get back.  I was told I was getting a fresh jelly donut from the bakery.  I now realize it was a bribe, or to put me in a weakened state from a sugar coma.  Along with the jelly donut, this was in the van.

IMG_5600.thumb.jpeg.b532fcd02eac1c497d6a3bbbd7c8c291.jpeg

Some people my stepson knows fell upon bad times and could not keep him.  We had lost our Morkie Teddy to old age this fall, but still have two aging small mixed breed females.  All our pets have been from the pound or we have been asked by the owners to take them.  Needless to say, no bribe was needed.  He’s a Pomeranian mix about 15 pounds, probably half of that is hair.  He’s not yet a year and still very puppyish.  He does not yet respond to his name as he was crated a lot, another reason for the surrender, so we could rename him. It’s obvious with those baby blue eyes and the swagger.  He is Elvis, the King.  And believe me, he knows it.  The two girls are annoyed with the puppy antics at times, but will already share a pillow with him.  He’s so sweet and already gentle.  He loves to sit with my elderly mother and get petted.  The other two dogs cannot easily sit with my mom anymore, because she is in a wheelchair and neither are agile enough.  They can sit with her in bed, but it’s a higher hospital bed and after a couple missteps using the taller dog stairs, we had to take it down.  It’s just too many steps for them anymore, and I don’t have the floor space for a dogramp.  They can use short steps and sit in a recliner next to her wheelchair and get petted, or sitting up in bed with a “spotter” to lift the dogs back down.  She loves animals so we made sure she gets time with them, but now we have Elvis.  He can easily spring up to get hugs and dispense out kisses no matter where she is sitting.    Plus he like to watch tv and watch the birds and deer outside, so he will hang out with her for ten minutes or so at a time.  He doesn’t just get a hug and dart away.  Elvis is a great entertainer and very smart, too.  He is learning simple obedience and can sit and shake hands already.  God sends you what you need, plus a jelly donut.

6 hours ago, LisaLou said:

He does not yet respond to his name as he was crated a lot, another reason for the surrender, so we could rename him. 

Streamer?...

🤫

Seriously, though, very cute. 

Nice.  He does look happy, and full of mischief. 

I miss having a dog.  

I'm sure the little guy will have a long, wonderful life in a loving home, which is all any dog wants.  My wife and I have 2 small breed pups and to us they are gifts from God.  Not a day goes by when they don't make us laugh out loud and enrich our lives.  I'm happy for you both!