Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DaUP

Woodpecker

mom says she want me to knock off a few of the woodpeckers because their begining to annoy her :jumpy: :gun_bandana:

are there any uses for their feathers? or should i just toss it in the dumpster at work

Now I have to go to bed with that never ending laugh in my head Freakin woody the wood pecker!!!! It like a bad sond it just plays over and over!!!!

Just a shot in the dark......But does Mom have a wooden leg by any chance? I see a woodpecker every now and then but not enought to pizz me off like the squirrels do during bow season.

Just a shot in the dark......But does Mom have a wooden leg by any chance? I see a woodpecker every now and then but not enought to pizz me off like the squirrels do during bow season.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

But officer.... I was aiming at a squirrel that was raiding the feeder... and this woodpecker landed just as I squeezed the trigger.... :blink:

DaUP,

Might want to get one of those fake owls to scare thenm off. Just remember to move it around frequently otherwise it loses its effectiveness.

Steelie

Shooting any migratory bird, except those permitted by your local waterfowl hunting laws(ducks, geese, snipe, woodcock, crows etc) is illegal.

But, that doesn't stop thousands of farmers, hunters, and kids from doing it. Very unlikely you'll get jail time, but you will likely be charged under your local game laws, under the migratory game bird act. Most likely see hefty fines though. Very unlikely your going to get caught, unless you are on public land, someones calls the DNR, or your doing something otherwise wrong that will catch DNR's attention.

Personally I wouldn't shoot one just because they are harmless, some are rare, and I accidently shot one off a bird feeder when I was 13. (I was gunning for the big blackbird that was being a seed bully)

Before the migratory bird act, it was legal to shoot any bird that flew, pretty much - that's how some famous birders confirmed species, their shotgun was as effective as their binoculars for collecting new species. Personally I don't see a problem with selective harvest of any species, but the act was put in place to protect species from ending up like the passenger pigeon and the Labrador Duck - hunted to extinction.

Dave