Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
finhunter

It Ain't Right!

OK!

I see all these nice pics of all ya's fly tying Benches.

Then I look at mine. Then I look at my wifes sewing bench.

Just take a look!post-4799-1146182312_thumb.jpgpost-4799-1146182328_thumb.jpg

Is there somthing wrong with this pictue? Or What!?

I thinks I need to gets me a better bench. What ya guy's thinK?

FH :bs:

Dude, I think you need to hold out at the next anniversary, etc., to make sure you get a new fly tying table, room, set-up. See how that works for ya.

Oh, and by the way, good luck with that.

Kyle

Dudes!

I thought I would show my sweetheart the posts, thinking she would get a laugh.

Well, It backfired... she had to remind me what I have in the basement. :crying:

post-4799-1146188516_thumb.jpg

I guess I can't complain...too much :headbang:

FH

now that is really funny.... :hyst:

shouldn't have showed her the message board. Might hurt your chances with a new bench. Or you may have to give up part of the basement for say a scrapbooking area????

Don't complain...in the house we lived in before this one, I got to tie out in the garage...no heat (and worse!!) no air-conditioning in Southwest Louisiana in the summer. I get to tie indoors here, simply because there is NO garage. But I have no permanent set up for tying flies. In fact I just finished flies for a swap a few minutes ago. I was sitting on my bed tying. I might get a permanent place to tie if at least one of my two daughters ever gets a job and moves out...

Mark Delaney

LOL.

Nice shop finhunter. A bit more space to yours than I have.

So far I tie in the living room on a kitchen chair or TV table. Finally got my stuff organized and in boxes downstairs, so when I tie I just grab what I need and bring it up. Way less than ideal, though. Will be setting up something in my woodshop to get me by.

I'll figure something out... hell, I "finished" a large portion of the basement and as a result nearly doubled my shop space (wife didn't quite figure out how I got that to work out so well in my favor) so I think I'll be able to manage something!

Unfortuanately I am in the same boat as madkasel. :ripped: I have to tie pretty much where my wife will let me "make a mess" for the evening. One day though, I will have that great room where no can bother me and sportscenter while I tie. :yahoo:

Thinking about it, if I shift my drillpress a few feet, I can set up a little area in my woodshop for now with some nice shelving right nearby. Only annoying thing about it is that I can't leave stuff out to be covered in sawdust... guess that'd force me into the habit of getting everything picked up and kept organized!

Hmmmmmmmm... thanks for the thread. You got me thinking.

fresh out of school and waiting for my fiancee to finish has me in a 1 bedroom appartment. We don't have room for a kitchen table let alone a "fly tying bench". Our coffee table is the the ultimate multi-purpose SUV of furnishings.

It's not uncommon for there to be school work, dinner, fly tying gear, a laptop computer, tv controls and a cat (named Wooly Bugger) to be on the coffee table all at once. :blink:

We've already talked about "house-to-garage" ratio once we figure out where we're settling. That imaginary garage loft with its studio / library / gun / fishing room is going to be awesome! :rolleyes: