Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge #11

Ok, I'm in, this is just too intriguing to pass up.

Fly time, that was just too funny!! :hyst: I hope you didn't give him any ideas. :hyst: I also hope it's gonna be a fish species I'm remotely familiar with. . . . :hyst:

Long,long ago in a far away time I did these swaps and had a lot of fun,so if you got space can you count me in.

Ashley

A few weeks ago my fishing buddy and I traded materials for a tie challenge like this. We both brought 3 materials in. We each had to tie a fly (maybe 2) using at least 2 materials from the other person, and at least one of our own materials. So, out of 6 materials we had to use at least 3. We came up with some interesting flies.

I've got another great tying challenge in mind, but it wont be a swap, so I'm holding off sharing it until I can tie mine up first, before offering the challenge up to everyone.

May I also suggest that you take pictures of the materials before they are sent, or used. Then, when the final flies are done we can see the materials each tier was given and the final results.

Good luck to whomever has to tie the Screw Combing His Hair In A Glass Bottle With Toothbrush Hackle Nymph!

My apologies Walldog, I will hold another one I think, since there has been such a quick response. I stretched the last two in but may have a mutiny if I put anymore in. :(

Ashley?????!!!!! Is that THE Ashley who did those incredible caddis with a mesh bag and whatever else you got???

All of you, welcome aboard, it will be fun I promise. To answer a couple of questions, you won't get anything that cannot be used, though the worst I've ever sent out was a shoe-shine brush that came back as pretty cool cased caddis. If you get materials that you aren't familiar with, just look at what you normally tie with and check to see if you can adapt it to that purpose. Cloth to dubbing, knitting to yarn etc. Since this is a first for most of you, I will go a little easy on everyone but it doesn't mean it will be easy :devil:

Again, for those of you who missed it, I will do another once this one is done, so hang in there and be warned by the wailing and moaning of the other vic....er....participants, yeah that's it participants :devil:

Now my job begins. I'll be a few days but your packages will be in the mail on Monday morning at the latest, probably by Friday. Anyone that hasn't PM'd me please do so I can get it off to you. :)

Ashley?????!!!!! Is that THE Ashley who did those incredible caddis with a mesh bag and whatever else you got???

Yes thats me.I look forward to what I can come up with this time.

I think I still have one of those flies, I'll see if I can find it. I've moved a few miles since we last swapped and some stuff is still packed somewhere in the dungeon. Nice to see you here Ashley! :)

Sorry, there are 14 people on the list, that means 13 flies from each of you. I'll send my mailing address to you with your package. I need addresses from a couple more of you, I'll just check my messages and PM those I need addresses from. :)