Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge #11

Well I want to start by saying this was a cool swap and Thank you Inconnu for having me.

I usualy do not post pics of flies in a swap till its over. Its nice to have the suspence. but in this case im breakin that rule and starting the ball rolling.

Heres the materials

IPB Image

OOO the generosity. ;)

Target fish: trout in a long pool.

So the prototype i came up with was a Foot Print Dun. size #10

IPB Image

I wanted To have stiffer legs and antenne, so i tried melting the plastic bag some of the matterials came in to make microfibrils. They came out looking good but not stiff enough. I ended up coating the string legs w/ head cement and it worked well.

The Hatch

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'll get these in the mail with the left over materials and 3$ US and off to you asap Inconnu.

I hope you guys catch some fish on these.

thanks again, Great idea and lots of fun

chris

Got mine today, Im working with a Santa hat, a peice of a placemat, and some grey pantyhose, this will be a challenge for sure, but Im stoaked about it!!! :yahoo:

That's where my pantyhose went!!! :bugeyes: I thought I'd lost them!!! :crying:

Just kidding, they are out of the package! :hyst: :hyst:

Oops, they aren't mine either......wrong size!

AAAAHHHhh!!!!

HElp the unthinkable has happened!

I had the materials for my challenge sitting on the kithchen table while I pondered what to do with them.

There was one chunk of placemat and a cookies and cream choclate bar. Of course you have heard "the dog ate my homework" but have you ever heard 'My 2 year nold ate my chocolate bar and my wife threw out my placemat!!'. :wallbash: :wallbash:

I'm stuck .

Mr Inconnu.... could I please have another copy of the homework assignment......please.

I promise it won't happen again.

Jon

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: Thats the best laugh I have had today, at first I thought you were gonna say my 2 year old ate my placemat!!! :lol: :lol:

Naw he barely eats anything except peanut butter sandwiches at the best of times. I guess white choclate bar wrapper caught his eye.