Fly Tying
flyfishingtaz

whats the craziest thing you've done

Rode a icecake in midwinter in the Merrimac River when I was 12, quite a ways out.Thank god the current brought me back to shore. And I don't swim.

I could write a book on some of the (DUMB) things i tried over the years, and those stunt junkies think they invented it on tv, NO WAY>>>>

sandy

I remember the blazer ! pretty wild ! :headbang:

The stupid things I did were start drinking at 8pm till 5:30am and then drive at over 120mph home :wallbash:

Hmmm I got a few for this thread..

First one that comes to mind is doing a hand stand off the side of a moving truck.. I was doing pretty good, think we hit a bump or something.. messed things up a lil .. hit my face twice off the tire and rolled till i hit the curb on the other side of the street .. nothing broken but i was sore for a week an had two black rubber tatoos for 2 weeks (cheekbone an jaw line) .. Amazing what seems to be a good idea givin some liquid influence an some bordem.. :devil2: :drunk: :crutch: :cheers:

See my post above. Never jump out of a moving vehicle.

Pulled the pin on a hand grenade, let the spoon go and laid it next to a NVA tomato can mine and started running. The blast was bigger than I figured because the NV had booby trapped the mine with a demo charge underneath it. I got knocked me down but I got up and was no worse for ware. Still can't hear very good.

As far as fishing goes I guess it would be catching a 36 lb Dolphin on a 60 lb handline.

Pulled the pin on a hand grenade, let the spoon go and laid it next to a NVA tomato can mine and started running. The blast was bigger than I figured because the NV had booby trapped the mine with a demo charge underneath it. I got knocked me down but I got up and was no worse for ware. Still can't hear very good.

As far as fishing goes I guess it would be catching a 36 lb Dolphin on a 60 lb handline.

Ok, you take the cake. Let me guess, Madison county? :lol:

~Bryce

I was doing my job as demo man of my squad and I had used up all my C-4 heating C-rats. Avery Co .

I went big wall climbing with a friend of mine, we were about 425 feet off the ground, and using cams (no permanent anchors) for protection. I was leading, reached for a pocket and had it come off in my hand. Off the wall I went, zippering the cams as I went down. I could here my friend swearing and jamming cams in the crack, and my left arm tangled in a rope mounted to a fixed line. Nearly pulled my arm off, but both me and my friend survived. From what we can tell, I had fallen about 70 feet, and it was very likely that if I did not get tangled, I would have pulled both of us to our deaths.

Now I don't big wall climb anymore.

-R

a while back while in college.....................

took up skydiving. was on my 18th 19th jump, cant remember. my first bomb out of a cessna. i spotted my own jump........the whole she-bang.

went out. everything was fine. pulled chute...........got a streamer. emergency junk did not cut off my main when it deployed the reserve.

so............ i got to watch a ball shoot up into a partially open "main" chute. at the time, couldnt make up mind to manually cut away one of them............so i rode them both down spiraling. (in hindsight glad i didnt mess with it then)

at the very last moment for some unknown reason to me, the chutes came out of the spiral and i landed in a soft bean-field. friend said i left a hole.

never jumped again after that day.

camoham

Enlisted in the USMC.NOT THE PLACE TO BE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE THERE(and i do).

Hey Zip, Semper Fi back at you.

Grunt, Alpha Co 1st Plt 2nd Squad

1st Bn 9th Marines 1967 RVN

Where i live, there are many tracks that go into the wood and a few of us rally through there on occasion - it's a public track and we get red smoke bombs and do the whole deal with spectators etc. My friend and i have an oldish mitsubishi lancer evo that we have done up over the last year or so and damn, is that thing fast. Been chased by the cops a few times for that. Driving without license and uninsured. other stupid things: swapping cars at various speeds; getting run over (really slow speed) for the hell of it; jumping out of moving cars and like what has already been said about this - it hurts like hell at any speed (i have a calander with different ideas on it for each day and one was teaching you how to jump out of a moving car)

So yeah, i've been quite stupid recently but i havent done anything like that for about half a year.

Stu

Oh yeah, I wouldn't say I've regreted what i've done. Unlike many people I can say i've lived and enjoyed my life so far. If people got hurt then, yeah sure, I'd feel some guilt. I'm also not forcing anyone or being forced into racing. We do it because we can and it's fun. I wouldn't say this makes me a bad person. It's a victimless crime.

Stu