Fly Tying
flygirl

thats what friends are for ?

Flygirl, this is your therapist. I'm over here at Oatka's place and he let me use his computer. I think the best therapy for you at this point would be to post the picture and then auction the second ticket off to the highest bidder! B)

good advice all.

professional help probably a good idea in this scenario.

herein, lies the kicker though.....................

you can suggest this idea...........................

but doesn't mean a person will follow through with it........................

(short of hog tying the individual and dragging them there..........which sometimes works :) )

only you in your situation know how much intervention may be required to wrestle this one to the ground.

good luck, hope all will be well.

camoham

A couple of timely sayings seem appropriate : you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink ..& a nod is as good as a blink to a blind horse. Only time will tell & you're running out of time......... B)

i say if you can swing it go ahead and take your trip. possibly find another person to replace her. friends are important in anyones life but true friends don't let another true friend down. if you get thrown in jail you won't call your best bud to bail you out. they'll be right there beside you in jail figuring out who in the heck will bail us out. friendships and trips as you have planned don't come easy. lifes to short for missgivings.

smile, hold your head up, pack your things and head off on a trip you won't soon froget. you might have the luck to find a true friend on that trip and if you and a new found friend get thrown in jail? call me, i'll wire some money to get you bailed.

Bud

And in a moment of levity, I have to say that every time I scan past this topic, I just have to break out into song....

Keep smilin', keep shinin'

Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure

That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are fooooooooor.......

Thank you Dionne Warwick

Hope the fishing trip goes well anyway you have it.

Deeky

Well, this is a post different than the usual ones I see on here :blink: B But what better place to vent than with fishing/tying buddies?

Your friend, as you said is under tons of stress, you went so far as to mention "the pipe". Since you agreed to go so readily i'm gonna guess she's never renigged on an obligation before. I would give her the benifit of a doubt and chalk up her current indecisions with all of the stress she's under.And I see no reason not to go forward with the trip.... and with her since that was it's purpose but to also mention something like, "we'll work out some payment arriangements of X amount a month later, right now lets work on you." That should take care of her and what your out.

A hard thing though, guys are much more simple. If one of us came to the other with all of that we would look at them sideways and say something like... " Life's tough, go buy a hard hat" followed by,"now shut the ___ up and lets go fishing" :hyst: :hyst:

"A failed relationship is never a failure, each person we meet teaches us something about relationships and they all contribute to our success for sustaining a long and loving one when the right one finally does come along"

But, yeah, as was said in another post... if talking doesn't seem to do it, encourage her to see someone professional. You can only do so much yourself after that the best help you can offer is to guide her to someone else.

Flygirl

I HOPE AND PRAY FOR BOTH YOUR FRIEND AND YOURSELF THAT THIS WORKS OUT IN THE BEST WAY

POSSIBLE FOR BOTH OF YOU AND YOUR FRIENDSHIP IS SAVED FOR A LIFETIME OF FOND MOMENTS

WHEN YOU ARE TOGHETHER AND WITH OTHER FRIENDS. IF SHE IS IN NEED OF HELP SHE SHOULD GET

IT BUT SOMETIMES IN LIFE WE JUST NEED A LITTLE PUSH FROM OUR CARING FRIENDS TO SEE THE LIGHT.

I REALLY HOPE THIS DOES WORK OUT FOR YOU TWO....I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING SOME

PICTURES FROM YOUR TRIP.

ALL THE BEST WITH MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS

:D MIKE

Hi Flygirl,... I sympathise with your issue because I seem to have the same problem with friends not valuing things the same way I do.

Still you made a statement that gives me the answer, and that is where you said: "My friend does not think I have a right to be upset over this..."

Now right or wrong your friend should respect your right to be upset if you are upset! (And I would be too, bigtime!) She is demeaning you by not even acknowledging that you have put yourself out here.

Get a new friend and leave this one to the gas. Go fishing, enjoy... maybe give me a little notice next time and I'll take her place for ya LOL.

Serious, I hope you have fun and can afford to go solo, coz this friendship is a one way street.

:ripped:

:) Thanks everybody...this is what I like about this site....everyone is decent & give alot of really good opinions and I appreciate the thoughts & suggestions. So I am taking a positive approach. I will be going by myself....so I'm planning the week. A friend & her husband will be over in Alder fishing the Ruby so one day I'm hooking up with them hopefully to fish the Gallatin, I'll put in 2-3 days fishing inside Yellowstone (Soda Butte,Lamar...) do the Yellowstone river along the main road and any small creeks I can find. The place I'm staying at has a lake with pontoon boats so I will finally be able to try one. I'll get plenty of pics & I think this might be the best time to begin a fishing journel. Sometimes just writing down your own thoughts can clear your head. Should I run into anyone out there from this thread ....first ones on me. :)

Flygirl

Good for you..hope all goes well for you....catch lotsa fish, have fun....This will do you good

Can,t wait to see the all the photo,s you gonna post....... :D MIKE

You go Girl....Brother says fishing been pretty good.Some other news.Lake yellowstone ,they are trying to get rid of the steelhead in there.Taken over cutthroat habitat's if you get to hook any they say feel free to keep and have a good evening dinner out of them steelhead.

Have a great time and there are plenty bars in Livingston.For a good breakfast in Livingston i recommend Just west of town little resturant.Nothing fancy but very nice folks and good food.Use to stop in their while driving.

You have a great time .Enjoy the senery the fishing and all.Stand in town look up at the mountains and let me know if you can make out what looks like a face out of it

tt

Sorry to come into this so late and knowing I could probably go for about an hour on all this from a lot of the compass points, let me offer a comment the late Bubbles Silverman, a.k.a. Beverly Sills, observed in an interview - words to this effect:

When my time comes I hope I'm not saying 'I should have' but, rather, that 'I shouldn't have...'

with a bright grin on her face.

Enjoy the trip.

If you need a "friend" to get you on the best waters for the ultimate vacation, get a copy of Fly Fishing the Yellowstone River : An Angler's Guide by Rod Walinchus & Tom Travis ! B)

:) thanks for the tip....I also have a copy of ' The Montana angling Guide'...it's loded with maps of all the rivers in Mt. One thing I already packed up is alot of the foam Hoppers/beetles from the fly swaps....I'm keeping track of whos' fly I'll be using so I'll let everybody know how they fished.

I keep checking back for the A.. picture. Not sure exactly what that is and not sure I want to see it, but it sounds interesting :(

I have found that there is no way to depend on other people to do what I think is the right thing. My emotions cannot be dependent on things which I have no control over. But there are always blessings in doing the right thing, no matter how painful it may be at the time. It may sound archaic, but I rely on the Bible for instructions, and find it has all the answers to life's problems. I'm sure you will have a great trip; I wish to head west at some point but it will be several years down the road. Enjoy the time you have and make the most of it, and give yourself a pat on the back for trying to help someone in need.