Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

2007 FTOTY - Let The Voting Begin!!!

After three long weeks of photographing and putting everything together for the contest I am relieved to say that we are ready for the first round of voting for the 2007 FTOTY Contest.

What makes this contest unique is the fact that it is judged by the participants peers and not a panel of "experts". With that said it is up to each one of you to decide on what qualities make the best fly in each category. You may vote once per category and the software is designed so that the participants cannot vote for themselves. Voting is done in secret so nobody except for myself will ever know who voted for which fly. Also the total number of votes for each fly will not be revealed...

The winner of each category will move onto a 2nd round of voting and the winner of that round will be declared the 2007 Fly Tyer of the Year and will be awarded the custom bamboo rod built by Chris Carlin.

I appreciate everyone who participated in this year's event. Without you this contest is not possible. Best of luck to all of you.

The deadline for voting will be December 13th 9:00 PM EST. At that time I will tally the voting...

Take your time voting and have fun :yahoo:

You must be logged into FTF before the voting system will allow you to vote.

Click the following link to enter the voting booth: http://www.flytyingforum.com/?act=special&...ge=contest_vote

First off, I just want to say that the photography was STUNNING!!! Great job Will, another successful contest!!!

My wife and I just finished the voting for the 4th year in a row together. It's kinda been a tradition for us to sit down and dicuss and vote on the flies together every year. I didn't get the chance to enter this year, we were so busy moving and life just past us by in the past 4 months.

It's great to see all the flies and a wonderful variety of patterns and experience levels participating! Everyone that entered should be very proud.

I wish everyone the best of luck on their entries, there were some real dandy ones and sometimes it was really hard to pick just 1. Looking forward to round 2!

Good luck folks!

Fantastic job to EVERYONE who participated in this years contest!!! You should all be very proud of each of your flies. You are all winners in my book. Kudos!!! :)

Will, Awesome photos. Thank you for all of your hard work, time and effort in photographing all of these flies and making this happen. You ROCK!!! :punk:

WOW some great stuff as always!!!! Will fantastic job! IM going to have to sleep on this and vote in the morn!!!