Fly Tying
Dart

The Royal Family Swap

Hey guys!

I finally got the wing feathers that I needed should be tying them up in the next couple of days.

Jon

I'm still working on my flies guys. So far I've been averaging about an hour each, but I don't like 'em. Futzer is trying his best to train me up, but I don't know how much of it is sticking. I've got a new saddle on the way in the mail (hopefully it'll be here today - my first ever dry fly saddle!!!). I specifically ordered a darker brown so hopefully it will be a nice color for these flies.

Old Hat, I never received your flies. Did you get the PM with my address and have you mailed them yet? If not, that's okay... I just want to know if I should be expecting them or not.

I look forward to seeing your flies, guys!

- Jeff

I'm still working on my flies guys. So far I've been averaging about an hour each, but I don't like 'em. Futzer is trying his best to train me up, but I don't know how much of it is sticking. I've got a new saddle on the way in the mail (hopefully it'll be here today - my first ever dry fly saddle!!!). I specifically ordered a darker brown so hopefully it will be a nice color for these flies.

Old Hat, I never received your flies. Did you get the PM with my address and have you mailed them yet? If not, that's okay... I just want to know if I should be expecting them or not.

I look forward to seeing your flies, guys!

- Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I actually just sent them out today, had some other swaps to get out so I figured I would just make one trip to the post office. They love it when I come in with a multitude of mailing envelopes, return envelopes and altoid boxes.

I received the flies tonight, Old Hat. Let me tell you guys... I am SUPER impressed with the quality of this guy's work. Thanks for the extras too... every single fly in this box oozes quality. You can really tell that a master labored over it.

Fine tying and honored to have you in the swap!

Jeff

Two months has come and gone and I wanted to check in with you guys to see how things are going. The two sets of flies I've received so far have been excellent! I hope you guys are having a blast with the swap and you enjoy the holidays.

Thanks for sharing in this passion with me,

Jeff

Dart finely got my gut and some mallard pairs so i will be tying this coming week and will get in the mail

PS roll tide left 2 days ago hope it makes it in good shape

Rocky

Rocky, I've got to say that I, and I'm sure others, really appreciate the effort your putting into this swap with taking on that pattern. Two thumps up man...way up!

No worries, guys. I was just wondering how everyone was enjoying the swap. Rocky, I eagerly anticipate your fly. I'm very disappointed that I'm missing the SEC Championship game tomorrow of UA vs UF... hopefully it'll come in the mail tomorrow and we'll win. It would be a great day indeed! Now... I just need to sell some diamonds. :D

And I agree with Old Hat... thanks a lot for taking on that pattern. There are a lot of challenging patterns in this swap and I'm impressed with how everyone has stepped up. It will be a great looking set for sure.

all the humpies are done and 9 of the streamers are done prolly finish them up next week :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I had to stop tying them for a bit winter chrome is starting to turn on so been doing some winter steelhead patterns and knocking out some other swaps plus FTOTY

Flies are done. Did you post or PM an addy? I can't remember.

Really looking forward to the swap results.

C