Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

Favorite Fishing Authors Poll

Favorite Fishing Authors   

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like reading John Geirach. Seems to take his fishing seriously by does not get snobbish about it. Good at describing how pretty an area is without geting too poetic. Also fun to read about fly fishing for things other than trout.

I have all Gierach's books, and have read most multiple times. I have to say Pat McManus' "My first Deer and welcome to it" made tears come, I was laughing out loud so hard.

Cheers, Futzer.

Ray Bergman, and Joseph Bates. Reading these men always makes me aware of how the fish haven't changed, but fishermen certainly have.... and I'm not sure it's been a change for the better.

And of course, Lefty Kreh. If LK wrote something, it is worth knowing. "Fly Fishing in Salt Water" is one of my favorites. He has caught more fish in salt water on fly tackle than most people will ever see, and he explains from vast experience exactly why you don't need a $700 fly reel to have a great time.

Gierach and Lyons are both superb writers. I can't really decide between the two.

Ernie Schwiebert ranks high on my list, too. His short-story compilations, Remembrances of Rivers Past and Death of a Riverkeeper, have kept me entertained through many a long winter's night.

John

I am a huge fan of patrick McManus. I have several of his books and never get tired of reading his funny stories. There are a lot of his stories i can relate with from my childhood.