Fly Tying

2008 FTOTY 2nd Round Voting Begins!

First, I once again have to thank everyone for entering this year's contest. I hope you enjoyed tying your flies and I hope you were able to advance your tying skills in the process. The flies this year were beautiful and there were several flies in each category that had a potential of winning when I seen them. In fact, several of the categories were only separated by only a few votes.

All of the votes have been tallied and I checked the legitimacy of each winning flies by looking at every vote so I am confident that nothing "funny" went on during the voting process. The flies that you are about to see represent the best of FTF this year in their respective categories but this round of voting will crown the 2008 FTOTY and will awarded the Chris Carlin custom bamboo fly rod.

Congrats goes out to all of the category winners, you should be proud of having a fly reach the 2nd round.

Visit the following link to vote: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?act...ntest_votefinal

The voting will end Wednesday February 25th 9:00PM EST.

Good Day,

Will! Thanks again! I cannot imagine the amount of time and personal sacrifice involved with this, let alone checking each individual vote... Can't wait for botht he overal FTOY champ and all the placements!

Steelie

Just got home from the hospital (kidney stones being lasered) and what do I see? Will has taken us into the second round and all I can say is "WOW, this aint gonna be easy!" Congrats once again to all those who entered, and to those who have made it to the next round...a hearty "WELL DONE!" :clapping:

Guest Big E

Thanks again for all your hard work Will.

Congrats to everyone who made it to this round.

"All your flies are belong to us"

WOW WOW WOW! What else can you say WILL you have done a fantastic job! Congratulations to all the competitors.

tyrite (Glen Dayton)

HO.....LY........SHI.......T!!! I have to say, this is by far the hardest decision I have ever had to make regarding FTOTY. I really struggled between fly design/flow and sheer skill of tying. I found myself drawn to certain categories I wouldn't normally be drawn to. Nice, nice work. Can we open it up to three or four votes per member?

Deeky

congratulations to all who made it to the secong round,all beautiful flies and tough to choose a winner.

shane

thanks will for all you did. :headbang: :headbang:

When will we find out who finished 2nd and 3rd in each category? Smalliehunter, how do you do it? You must work on this night and day to get it all done so quick. Thanks!

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your hard work Will and all fly tiers !!! Congratulations to all !!! :headbang: :yahoo:

Peter

Will, The work you put into this is astounding. Now, How in the heck are we supposed to decide?