Fly Tying
day5

Second round of the swap box official thread.

i wish i could somehow get a load up north, it's so cheap now, and very fresh, my boat brings in his catch from each night so when you get them their only a few hour from the water, they look like their still alive , my captain ices them up mintues after they come on the boat and their still beautiful and firm when he brings them here, all you want for 2.00 a pound.

bud

update on the box, i still have it

as most here could tell you, when i've done the swap box before, ( twice ) this would be my third time, i was always one for a quick tunraround, just felt it nessecary. well, this momorial day thing this weekend kinda caught me off gaurd here. i won't be able to ship out the box till tuesday which really tee's me off about the whole thing because i know how much anticipation the members have about recieveing this box,

really sorry for this delay, even thought about going another delivery route because the usps was on their usual vacation time. i guess it will just give me a little more time to find more stuff to add to the box to make up for this delay time to you guys,

again, really sorry

i feel bad i have to say i'm sorry for the USPS

Bud

edit, a note to the little angel emilee. theres a small package in there for you, tightly wrapped with alot of ohhhhhhs and ahhhhhs expected when you open it

the box is officially back in the loop. tracking and conformation

0308 0660 0001 6890 2265

i added some bird skins to the box, goose shoulder, hooks, couple small jc capes, other things, theres a fly box in there for you matt, i added two flies, fully dressed for emilee and a scarlet ibis for you with gut attatched.

please if your going to take any bird skins take one and pass it down, i'd like emily to have the kingfisher.

Bud

theres a fly box in there for you matt, i added two flies, fully dressed for emilee and a scarlet ibis for you with gut attatched.

i'd like emily to have the kingfisher.

Bud

HOLY $#!+ WOW thanks BUD!!!!! :headbang:

snook, gut is used to make an eye on eyeless hooks, usually salmon hooks. Look at some classic salmon flies and the material at the eye is the gut. It was also used for fly line at one time, and it is also used for leaders which were sometimes attached directly to the fly.

snook, gut is used to make an eye on eyeless hooks, usually salmon hooks. Look at some classic salmon flies and the material at the eye is the gut. It was also used for fly line at one time, and it is also used for leaders which were sometimes attached directly to the fly.

Makes sense. I only heard of gut being used for stitches. Thanks flykid.

update

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 0660 0001 6890 2265

Class: Package Services

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item arrived at 7:41 AM on June 1, 2009 in ALTHA, FL 32421. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, June 01, 2009, 7:41 am, ALTHA, FL 32421

Acceptance, May 26, 2009, 3:49 pm, GALLIANO

1 Twohearted ........done

2 Ridderbos..........done

3 tt......done

4 cruncher.... done

5 mwtroutbum..... done

6 airdale.. done

8 sullytm.....done

7 futzer..... done

9 brian brown..... done

10 flymaker1........ done

11 nealbo....done

12 Bud G...........done

13 snook....Your item arrived at 7:41 AM on June 1, 2009 in ALTHA, FL 32421.

14 will

15 saltydog

16 mnorton

17 montana bound

18 faster fish

19 rrshs

20 flykid

Allright. I got home and found a postcard saying I got to pick up a package. I will pick up tommorrow and send off the next day to try and make this a quick turnaraound. Thanks.

i sorta like this comformation thing, a comformnation sticker only cost a few cent more, gives a detailed report of where the package is at all times. even when it is in route to another member.

something to consider on the next swap box, manditory comformation between each member

Bud

I will send off the box tomorrow providing I get a response from Will on addy check. This was a great Idea and I want to thank Matt for hosting and to all who gave such nice things to the box. I put in about three times what I took. I did grab a pair of those funky hand shaped tweezers. Whomever put them in the box could you tell me if they are used for a particular purpose, And if they are handmade? Thanks j74snook

I will send off the box tomorrow providing I get a response from Will on addy check. This was a great Idea and I want to thank Matt for hosting and to all who gave such nice things to the box. I put in about three times what I took. I did grab a pair of those funky hand shaped tweezers. Whomever put them in the box could you tell me if they are used for a particular purpose, And if they are handmade? Thanks j74snook

can you post a picture of them?

you've seen these before matt. i saw them in the box, it's those sissors that fit on your pinky finger from a single hole design on the handle and operate like tweezer sissors

not handmade, you can buy these

Bud