Fly Tying
day5

Second round of the swap box official thread.

post-16664-1244319023_thumb.jpgpost-16664-1244319117_thumb.jpg

I will send off the box tomorrow providing I get a response from Will on addy check. This was a great Idea and I want to thank Matt for hosting and to all who gave such nice things to the box. I put in about three times what I took. I did grab a pair of those funky hand shaped tweezers. Whomever put them in the box could you tell me if they are used for a particular purpose, And if they are handmade? Thanks j74snook

can you post a picture of them?

here are a couple of pics of them. they are not scissors but tweezers.

post-16664-1244319023_thumb.jpgpost-16664-1244319117_thumb.jpg
I will send off the box tomorrow providing I get a response from Will on addy check. This was a great Idea and I want to thank Matt for hosting and to all who gave such nice things to the box. I put in about three times what I took. I did grab a pair of those funky hand shaped tweezers. Whomever put them in the box could you tell me if they are used for a particular purpose, And if they are handmade? Thanks j74snook

can you post a picture of them?

here are a couple of pics of them. they are not scissors but tweezers.

Those are actually stonefly wingcase burners. You put a hackle in there and then pass it over a flame and you end up with a wing case shaped like the metal. There are other shapes for mayfly wings, etc.

thanks saltydog. Thats a pretty cool tool. Gonna have to try them out.

Oh J74Snook, I was so close to posting that they are specialty tweezers for plucking guard hairs from live Porcupines, or even whiskers from badgers. Sorry, my bad. Good thing salty set you straight. :devil:

Cheers, Futzer.

thanks saltydog. Thats a pretty cool tool. Gonna have to try them out.

Oh J74Snook, I was so close to posting that they are specialty tweezers for plucking guard hairs from live Porcupines, or even whiskers from badgers. Sorry, my bad. Good thing salty set you straight. :devil:

Cheers, Futzer.

Too funny. Not alot of badgers in Fl but maybe a porcupine or two. lol

1 Twohearted ........done

2 Ridderbos..........done

3 tt......done

4 cruncher.... done

5 mwtroutbum..... done

6 airdale.. done

8 sullytm.....done

7 futzer..... done

9 brian brown..... done

10 flymaker1........ done

11 nealbo....done

12 Bud G...........done

13 snook....done.

14 will......the box has been delivered!

15 saltydog

16 mnorton

17 montana bound

18 faster fish

19 rrshs

20 flykid

the box looks like it is getting closer, i can't wait. Just like an early christmas. this is great thanks day5 for this great opportunity.

that tool is actually the new breath right thingy,

Bud

Come to think of it. I did seem to be able to breath better the second I picked them up. :hyst:

I have sent Salty Dog a Pm asking for his Address as i am out of town at this time.. My Wife's grandfather passed this past Tuesday Morning..Being that i am laid off at the present we packed up and headed out.. We will be attending his funeral Saturday Morning.. My neighbor called me last night and told me the box had arrived and he had it at his place.. Not wanting to hold it up i asked Salty Dog for his address.. Once i get that then i will call my neighbor and he will get it back into the mail..I do apologize for the hold up as last time i had it back out in less then 15 hours...