Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

Invitation swap the second chancers

I feel like a plumper waiting to get asked to the prom. <_<

Agreed. These invitation swaps can be morale boosters for those invited. For everyone else... not so much. I haven't posted any flies lately, so I'm going to blame that as my downfall. :D

Please feel free to host one . I did not intend this swap to be exclusive. It was just meant for each tyer to have at least one person in the swap that he really wanted to swap with. There are many ,many great tyers on here that have not been asked yet. Some participate in swaps all the time, some don't participate in swaps but would consider it if asked.

Fred

Fred,

I think we may see more invitation swaps in the near future, you really had a great idea. There is so much talent on this site thateveryone has a hard time on deciding who to select. For me the fun has been watching the selection process unfold.

Fred,

I think we may see more invitation swaps in the near future, you really had a great idea. There is so much talent on this site thateveryone has a hard time on deciding who to select. For me the fun has been watching the selection process unfold.

I have to agree with you Rich, there is so much talent and even a newbie like me can get involed thanks to the kind hearted tyers like Micke. It really is hard to pick just one tyer you would like to see, the choices are endless on this board.

Dart when I was looking at flies to tie for this event one of yours was on my list of possible candidates; your flies are fantastic.

Ian

Dart when I was looking at flies to tie for this event one of yours was on my list of possible candidates; your flies are fantastic.

Ian

Ah, thanks Ian. These swaps have motivated me to get the camera out and start posting more patterns to the database. I know Pelhament felt the same way after the first invitation swap and he posted some great looking bass bugs in this thread. If nothing else, I think swaps like this make everyone strive to step up their game.

It was an honor just being nominated. :hyst:

Ive been offered a invite (i think correct me if Im wrong?) via bud from ted patlin. How can I say no? yeash! Im in! Ill try to score 12 copies of the fly fish America that the spidercraw is published in and If I can Ill send you each a copy with a fly oh and a biz car to boot! LOL thansk TED!!! now who should I take next??????? :smoke:

my invite has been sent out to one of the most impressive :bugeyes: warmwater tiers I have ever seen tie. Ill let you know his response.........

OK...I'll bite...Invited by Day 5......I haven't been paying as much attention to FTF as much as I have TFF....so I'll be patrolling the site to search out whom to offer my invite too...I'll send the invite in 24 hours...

Oh man, this swap just keeps getting better and better. I would dig deep into my bag of tricks for a swap of this caliber. (Shameless plug over)

Oh man, this swap just keeps getting better and better. I would dig deep into my bag of tricks for a swap of this caliber. (Shameless plug over)

I think everyone feels that way. :)

I am completely blown away, Hexfli has offered me a spot and I graciously accepted. Now the hard part comes where I have to find someone to invite. Ewoks for all!

I'll get working on my invite.

paul, i'd like to make a suggestion for the swap. please give us abit of time to get these flies done, i know that i will be doing flies that will take some time to complete. i don't think i can get them all done in one month. i don't know what the others will be tying but the flies i'm going to do are abit complecated,

please consider the time frame you are going to give us,

thanks, Bud