Fly Tying
breambuster

Spring Bluegill Swap

I am a first time fly swapper and want to give it a try. I would like to tie the "Fathead diver".

Hi Rockbass. Welcome aboard. Good to have you in on this one. There are some super swappers in on this one. People that I've swapped with many times and that makes this a great swap for you, a first time swapper! Since this is your first time, if you have ANY questions, do NOT hesitate to ask. Swapping is a great facet of tying and you're going to enjoy it. If you have any questions, you can either ask on the forum, or you can PM me. I assume you know how to do that? I am here to help you any and every way I can to make your first swap a great success.

Thanks for joining. I'm looking forward to it.

Take care

BB

I will be 20 if you are still in need, tying a TBD but leaning toward something really buggy looking.

I will be 20 if you are still in need, tying a TBD but leaning toward something really buggy looking.

Fantastic, Larmee44, you are #20! Thanks for signing up! Now our swap is complete. We have our 20 swappers.

I'm in a bit of a hurry right now. Must leave the house ASAP, but I'll had you to the original post later tonight.

Thanks and take care

BB

Hey BB,

I was going to help fill your swap, but I see you just got #20 today. If you need a fill-in, let me know. I promised myself no swaps until I filled this spring's trout boxes, but I'm willing to help out if you have a drop. Just send me a PM if you need me anytime between now and the week prior to the due date.

-PK

Here are a couple of pictures (I hope) of the pattern I'm tying for this swap. I haven't finished, in fact, I'm just getting started, but this is the pattern.

Catalpa Joe, I hope you're going to like the changes I've made to the pattern I sent to you, and I think you're going to like what I've done to the bead head.

Take care

BB

post-747-1267750569_thumb.jpg

post-747-1267750630_thumb.jpg

riffleriversteadheadslayer (whew!), that's a buggy-looking critter! I'm looking forward to trying it on my local 'gills!

Didn't think of posting a pic of the Red Tag I tied (they're already on the way, BB!).

post-22542-1267827470_thumb.jpg

Hey, Everyone. PLEASE be sure to send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your flies so that I can get your set of flies back to you. If you have already sent your flies and forgot to include the envelope and postage, don't worry about it. I've got you covered. But if you haven't sent yours yet, be sure to send a return envelope and sufficient postage to get your flies back. And do NOT let the postal clerk put one of those postage stickers that they print in the Post Office on the envelope, because it's dated and it's only good for that day. I've run into some postal clerks who would check the date and want to deny the postage because it was out of date. Be sure that they put regular stamps on the return envelope.

Take care

BB