Fly Tying

just wondering what you guys use to store your poppers, bass bugs and big flies? i usually just use a plug box. It's not ideal but it's pretty hard to find a good flyshop in japan

marty

Plano Molding Co. makes a number of different sized and inexpensive boxes. Some come with pieces to adjust the size of each compartment if you need to.

I use Plano boxes as well. They're cheap and big enough to hold a lot of flies of any size.

Plano boxes...absolutely. I found several large foam boxes from Plano at Sportsman's Warehouse. Very nice. Heavy duty metal belt clip. Cordura style covers. Large rust resistant zippers. Folds out nicely. Will post a pic when I get home in the AM. Bought them for Flyfisher 13. She loves them. BIG boxes. She uses them for poppers and other "meat flies".

Here are a few pics of the flyboxes that BDH is talking about that he bought me that I love so much. They are real handy for my big flies and the clip on the back will clip to my vest or one of my cargo pockets on my shorts when I am wading.

post-21020-1272340481_thumb.jpg post-21020-1272340514_thumb.jpg post-21020-1272340552_thumb.jpg

In the first picture I have both the small one and the large one. These are really great boxes.

Plano Guide Series...that's the product line! Loved these when I found them. Should have bought several more, but the store suddenly shut down and closed it's doors. Should have bought s few when I had the chance.

But I still love just the good old fahsioned, clear Plano boxes. Tuff to beat for poppers, decievers, clousers, craws, etc. Eaisly pack in a duffle, suitcase, back pack, etc...(I just love etc.)

i use a Johnson and Johnson band-aid box with sheet foam on the lid and base. works great

yeah i use the plano compartment boxes that are for plugs/hardbaits. really like the look of thes plano foam lined jobs though

I use the plano boxes as well...I cut out all of the dividers with a dremel tool and use double face tape to lay in 1/4 in foam.....top and bottom....bammo....fly boxes for big flies...

I usually use a leather fly wallet, boxes seem to take up too much room in my pockets.

I've been making my own slit foam style boxes from $2 boxes at Michaels and some foam.

i use a Johnson and Johnson band-aid box with sheet foam on the lid and base. works great

I HAVE A JOHNson and johnson "STRAWberry SHORtcake" BAND Aid box that is great for poppers! GETS A lot of laughs from other guys as well, but it's a great little box. the SHIFT KEY on THIS KEY BOARd has a ShoRt. I kindA Like It!